Gold bead head bomber

Dave Boyle

A gold head emerger? Nope of course not, a sinker, a bomber of an emerger so to speak. This is a pattern I learned from a CO angler while in BC of course. He swore by it, teal/mallard tail with a couple of CF strands. Fine brown chenille and a fine silver rib . Gold bead too first of course.

Fish in a big midge hatch and see what happens.

Dave

Attachments

Dave Boyle

Hi TP,

This is on a Dai-Riki sz 12 streamer hook 1x strong, bead a 7/64" dia. The guy who showed me this fly also showed a photo of a 17 lb fish he'd caught on it in CO. I was truly impressed...until he showed me the 24 lb CO state record rainbow he'd caught in a float tube with a sz 16 copper John....

Dave

troutpocket

I like the old school look and simple materials. It reminds me of the Sheep Creek Special, which is still a popular fly for some productive reservoirs in MT and ID.
727A0272-A2F9-41E1-AD8A-7C96554BBD79.jpeg

I really don’t know what it represents but the combination of a dark body with flank feathers seems to produce.

Dave Boyle

A nice pattern TP, who knows what the trout really see. I tend to think it symbolises a messed up emerger or some crippled underwater or sunk beastie. An easy and substantial meal, what’s not to like? Good grub (pun intended), something we can all relate to

Dave

Latest posts