Crap ! The greased Line Fly Shoppe

Skip Enge

Staff member
I have known Mark Noble sort of for 35 years...I just learned he had a stroke and moved near family in CA...He was in bizz for 35 years...I was a client and customer for almost all that time...I loved the guy...good wishes...I decided I am not going to retire ever...Mark had a stroke the day after he closed the The Greasred Line Fly Shoppe...I loved Mark...He is a great fly fishing guy you all should have met and BS'd with. Mark, good guy...sorry I feel sad...

Rob Allen

I have known Mark Noble sort of for 35 years...I just learned he had a stroke and moved near family in CA...He was in bizz for 35 years...I was a client and customer for almost all that time...I loved the guy...good wishes...I decided I am not going to retire ever...Mark had a stroke the day after he closed the The Greasred Line Fly Shoppe...I loved Mark...He is a great fly fishing guy you all should have met and BS'd with. Mark, good guy...sorry I feel sad...
BS'd with him many times. I know a few people had issues with him in the early days but I never did. He ran a good business and always treated me well.

racermo

The first rod I built was on a Fisher graphite blank I bought from the Greased Line in 1979. Another in 1980 and a few more after that. I'd come over from Portland to fish the East Fork and learn about flies and techniques. Never had a complaint with him. Mark and the shop are missed.

weiliwen

I lived less than a mile from his shop, and so visited often. I loved going in there and chatting with him. He was always super nice to me, and also to my non FF wife, who went there to get gifts for me from time to time. I'm very sorry to hear about his setback, and hope he recovers soon.

Salmo_g

I only visited his shop once, but mail ordered from him a couple times way back when. I hope his health improves soon.

1morecast

Sorry to hear. I first met him on the North Umpqua, when we were neighbors @ Susan Creek CG. Super nice guy who ran a great shop.

Old trout

Well that didn't work. Try again.
I visited his shop a couple of times years ago. H was nice and very helpful. Hope he recovers soon.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Well that didn't work. Try again.
I visited his shop a couple of times years ago. H was nice and very helpful. Hope he recovers soon.
Me too...we shared a lot of laughs and info...He is the sheet...and his annual stories of the Deen River up north...epic!

karnage

Have you swung a fly today?-

He is. Great guy for sure I guess he moved back in to the Bay Area ?