Bamboo Fling

racermo

I fully intend to come hell or high water.....
Hardy 3 3/8" Perfects - My old lake reels, 2 reels / 9 spools. I had Bill Archuleta replace the bushings on then a couple of years ago. Should be good for another 30 years.

Steve, it took me a moment to figure out your comment. Sometimes old Italians are a little slow on the up-take.
Yes brook trout are slimy. I was just about about to do a Google search to find some info "Brook Trout Slimy" reels.
Have a nice day.

I'm going to try to be there. Sounds like fun. The opportunity to see a lot of bamboo rods and test cast a few is hard to pass up. I'll bring a couple of old blue-collar classics. And a few interesting reels for people to handle and look at.

I'm going to try to be there. Sounds like fun. The opportunity to see a lot of bamboo rods and test cast a few is hard to pass up. I'll bring a couple of old blue-collar classics. And a few interesting reels for people to handle and look at.
Blue collar.....that's me! All I own and all I fish.....I have a few....:rolleyes: So what kind of interesting reels are you talking about? I also have a few.. (200+) Maybe hookup with PezVela and camp for a few days. Looking forward to seeing y'all.

I agree with Steve. Blue collar or $5,000 it doesn't matter. Makers of bamboo rods want us to fish their rods not just hang them on the wall.
Also something that I like to see are rods that have been well cared for or redone. If you are able to come you will see some very nice work by
people that love to fish their bamboo.

Blue collar.....that's me! All I own and all I fish.....I have a few....:rolleyes: So what kind of interesting reels are you talking about? I also have a few.. (200+) Maybe hookup with PezVela and camp for a few days. Looking forward to seeing y'all.
I'm thinking along the same line. PezVela's camping out idea struck me as a good idea, since I would be driving up from Klickitat County. I live a few miles west of Goldendale. Might as well make it a fishing trip.

I mostly own glass rods....but a few yrs ago I bought a Granger Victory 8642, and then added a 9' Phillipson Paragon for trout streamer fishing. Bamboo is growing on me.

Reels: I have about 30-40 fly reels, so not a lot and nowhere near 200. A hodgepodge of old, medium-old, and new makes.

Imperial, Goldendale is quite a ways. The fling is planned to be held at Island Lake and should have some good fishing for stocked fish. But coming that far I can see where you would like to make more of a trip out of it. There are other lakes worth the effort within 20 0r 30 miles not to mention the lakes and rivers between Kitsap County and Goldendale.
Bring a pram or a pontoon boat with you and we will see what we can do.

Latest posts