More winning for Big Oil

Rob Allen

What does that have to do with OUR using solar as an alternative to coal and hydro, Mr Dipshit? And what facts do you have that prove your ridiculous assumptions?
Just pointing out that what Germany does is entirely irrelevant to what we do.

History proves my accurate facts. They aren't assumptions.

We should do everything we can to NOT be like europe. They are backwards not us.

Not all forward movement is progress.

Also you should look into Germany's power issues a bit closer.. its not all roses

He thinks that because it is Germany, that somehow the science that allows solar power to be generated even on cloudy days, somehow does not apply anywhere here in the USA.

I wish he would actually read his posts before hitting the POST REPLY button.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
I just want to understand his statement, and experiences in Europe that would lead him to believer they're backwards.
Its a fair question.

As Europe isn't one country, there are variations in modernity, as there are in the US....just look at Mississippi as an example. Poor education, health, roads...everything .

Gene S

And if you'll recall, the discussion was about Obama's effect on the economy, while in office, versus the first year of Trump's tenure; not, catching this or that. And, there is no fault or blame to be handed around. I made comments from my experience, just as you have from yours...it wasn't until Obama left office, that things started to pickup. Coincidence? Maybe.
I'll make a few comments regarding the construction industry and the economy. You asked if it was a coincidence. Not likely however there can be regional differences. To provide some background I was a builder/developer in the 70's and 80's specializing in commercial/multi-residential developments.

I'm no longer actively involved in the construction industry so this morning I called a friend who is currently one of the largest framing contractors in Sparks, Reno, and Las Vegas, NV. He frames for Toll Brothers, Ryder, KBH Builders, and several others. I asked him to sum up his business model for the last several years. He told me that since the financial meltdown things had 'leveled' out by 2015 at which time he had 15 framers and some office staff...a bare bones skeleton crew for his operation. He said he did see slow continued improvement in 2016 but nothing like what he has experience since the beginning of 2017. Since the election he now employs 200 framers working overtime to meet demand and could use many more. The problem is finding qualified applicants. I was also told that because of the recent tax reform act he has purchased several trucks, a tractor, 4 gradalls, and a large manitou ($250/K) to increase productivity. From his point of view business is now booming.

I experienced this same type of business turnaround in '82 - '90. There are parallels between the Reagan and Trump approach with the economy, mostly good IMO. Deeper tax cuts for corps along with a decrease or elimination in capital gains would have put the economy in overdrive, but it is what it is...still good.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Your basic Rob Allen know nothing response.....

Sad...

You've never responded to my Europe question Rob, so here's another opportunity for you to do so.

When were you there, what part, and why was it backwards....even you can answer those questions.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
I'll make a few comments regarding the construction industry and the economy. You asked if it was a coincidence. Not likely however there can be regional differences. To provide some background I was a builder/developer in the 70's and 80's specializing in commercial/multi-residential developments.

I'm no longer actively involved in the construction industry so this morning I called a friend who is currently one of the largest framing contractors in Sparks, Reno, and Las Vegas, NV. He frames for Toll Brothers, Ryder, KBH Builders, and several others. I asked him to sum up his business model for the last several years. He told me that since the financial meltdown things had 'leveled' out by 2015 at which time he had 15 framers and some office staff...a bare bones skeleton crew for his operation. He said he did see slow continued improvement in 2016 but nothing like what he has experience since the beginning of 2017. Since the election he now employs 200 framers working overtime to meet demand and could use many more. The problem is finding qualified applicants. I was also told that because of the recent tax reform act he has purchased several trucks, a tractor, 4 gradalls, and a large manitou ($250/K) to increase productivity. From his point of view business is now booming.

I experienced this same type of business turnaround in '82 - '90. There are parallels between the Reagan and Trump approach with the economy, mostly good IMO. Deeper tax cuts for corps along with a decrease or elimination in capital gains would have put the economy in overdrive, but it is what it is...still good.
This is anecdotal. It took me about 10 seconds to look up housing starts in Reno/Sparks. You guys will twist anything to fit your model. And your friend runs a shit business if he wasn't making money hand over fist in 2016 like everyone else. Also, if you are calling people to give you ammunition for your anonymous internet debates, you are an idiot. These discussions are such a waste of time, you Trump lovers are actually fucking delusional.

https://www.nevadabusiness.com/2017/01/nevadas-economic-forecast/

This one is from May 2016.... "Based on current market demand, the supply of lots available for new home construction is down to 26 months as new homebuilding in the area hits a nine-year high"

http://www.rgj.com/story/money/reno...s-reno-housing-real-estate-comeback/83988012/

Last edited:

Latest posts