More winning for Big Oil

I'm in the construction industry as well (architecture) and I know that the contractors have been jammed up since early 2016. We've suffered quite a few bid busts because general contractors are giving us their turn away price because they've been so busy.

We've started to use a 25% escalation factor year over year. It used to be 3%!

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
Just wait until the stock market hiccups..then go from boasting and claiming the jump, suddenly excuses will come..go into blame mode..

I played little league baseball with kids who acted the way this presidency does. This is sub-junior high level stuff. Spooky !

Last edited:

Rob Allen

I find most conservatives to be brighter than Rob, to be honest that's not a high bar to clear.

What's disturbing is ..... they all sing from the same hymnal, written for folks about as bright as Rob ( arguably a total dumbass) and see no problem repeating lies and claiming they're facts, and then laughing as if they actually pulled off some gigantic stunt nobody is privy too.

In short, they should be embarrassed for both themselves and their party, but they're not.

Not everyone is as dumb as they are.

Pretty funny i guess .You should read the article from MIT about Germany's power system.. In 2015 year their carbon output increased not decreased it.
Why? Because they cannot rely upon alternatives enough to shut down the coal plants. Then because they have to sell renewable power first the coal plants have to buy the power back.. Oh and coal is far more profitable for energy production companies.

NATO, The US is the least threatened country yet we pay the most to fund the organization and we take on the lions share of what needs to be done around the world..

European countries can afford the big government programs because they do not pay their fair share of anything else.
They have gas in their cars because of our aircraft carriers around the world.
Like it or not the rest of the world gets to live normally because of American tax payers and the sacrifice our millitary professionals.

Now go ahead ignore all these facts and call me stupid again as that's the only argument you have.

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
Pretty funny i guess you should read the article from MIT about Germany's power system.. by the way in 2015 year their carbon output increased.
Why because they cannot rely upon alternatives enough to shut down the coal plants. Then brcause they have to sell renewable power first the coal plants have to buy the power back.. it's a mess.

NATO the US is the least threatened country yet we pay the most to fund the organization and we take on the lions share of what needs to be done around the world..

European countries can afford the big government programs because they do not pay their fair share of anything else.
They gave gas in their cars because of our aircraft carriers around the world.
Like it or not the rest of the world gets to live normally because of American tax payers and the sacrifice our millitary professionals.

Now go ahead ignore all these facts and call me stupid again as that's the only argument you have.
How many trips to Europe, Rob?

Curious, what level of education did you attain?

You obviously care, I wonder why you do not have a true open mind and think for yourself, and not spew only what you read? You are incapable of questioning anything not fed to you.

Go to Europe, spend some times with locals..sit and think..and become aware of how little the US is on their minds at all.

Timothy Leary would have loved to spend a few minutes with you..

It is not your party of choice or answers, it is how you get there that is troubling. Dem/Repub, it matters not.

Last edited:

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Gene

Considering section 179 hasn't changed all that much since 2015 PATH Bill ( the 500k limit went to 1m, with a bonus making retroactive to September in the 2017 bill) and your 'friend' is looking at 250k in new equipment ( half the old limit) its hard to see how he could claim a benefit when the tax deductability of his new equipment is essentially unchanged.

Perhaps he's full of shit, or perhaps you are...either way, unless he's spending over a million, there's no real difference in the deductability on his purchases.

Sorry, just the facts here.

I'm guessing you're trolling, but you're looking like a fool doing so....

For you're perusal, but I just had this discussion with an actual tax accountant, so pretty confident that...you're either lying, or you're ' friend is as dumb as Rob by claiming he's benefiting after only 250k in equipment purchasing anymore than he did after the 2015 PATH bill took full effect in 2016.

:)

http://www.section179.org

Last edited:

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
NATO the US is the least threatened country yet we pay the most to fund the organization and we take on the lions share of what needs to be done around the world..
That's by design though. After WW2 and through the cold war we structured it that way to keep imperialism from trying to take over the world again. The trade off is that we provide some of the security for countries/regions we don't want to start amassing world conquest militaries again. For better or worse that's the way it is. Do you like being the biggest baddest dog on the block?

Gene S

Gene

Considering section 179 hasn't changed all that much since 2015 PATH Bill ( the 500k limit went to 1m, with a bonus making retroactive to September in the 2017 bill) and your 'friend' is looking at 250k in new equipment ( half the old limit) its hard to see how he could claim a benefit when the tax deductability of his new equipment is essentially unchanged.

Perhaps he's full of shit, or perhaps you are...either way, unless he's spending over a million, there's no real difference in the deductability on his purchases.

Sorry, just the facts here.

I'm guessing you're trolling, but you're looking like a fool doing so....

For you're perusal, but I just had this discussion with an actual tax accountant, so pretty confident that...you're either lying, or you're ' friend is as dumb as Rob by claiming he's benefiting after only 250k in equipment purchasing anymore than he did after the 2015 PATH bill took full effect in 2016.

http://www.section179.org
Maybe you should go back and look at the sentence structure?
"and a large manitou ($250/K) to increase productivity."
I have no idea what the total amount was nor do I really give a rip.

Rob Allen

That's by design though. After WW2 and through the cold war we structured it that way to keep imperialism from trying to take over the world again. The trade off is that we provide some of the security for countries/regions we don't want to start amassing world conquest militaries again. For better or worse that's the way it is. Do you like being the biggest baddest dog on the block?
Yes i like America being the baddest dog on the block. I am just pointing out that our defence of the world has allowed countries like germany to invest heavily in other areas like alternative energy. Without our subsidizing of their defence they'd be much further behind than they are now.

However the idea that we were allowed to be strong to stop colonialism is pure BS. When the French wanted to reassert themselves in indochina we gave them weapons and support. Bad fighters that they are they still lost.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Well you gave enough of a rip to call him, ask questions for your post, then write up a war and peace here....of a dubious factual nature.

Lol

Sorry I missed that, but I'm guessing you're a troll, and a liar.

But as a Trump ballwasher, that's to be expected.

MAGA

MOST ARE GETTING ATTORNEYS

Latest posts