More winning for Big Oil

Rob Allen

Why are they mutually exclusive though? We can't invest in clean energy without sacrificing national security?

No one "allowed" it, we fought and won wars to establish ourselves in that position. Helping the French in SE Asia was about fighting communism as far as I can recall. And I'm not sure the French were the target of what I was talking about, and it definitely isn't about colonialsim. Nazi Germany taking over Europe wasn't colonialsim and that's what we intended to prevent. But this is off topic and doesn't really matter because we can't change the past. We are where we are now, but where will we go from here?
Maybe i was not clear.
First. Germany has been portrayed by some here as a model for energy generation. I am saying that it is because of our system that they are as far ahead as they are now. Had they had to pay for all the stuff we do they wouldn't have been able to do it nearly so fast. They are doing good things for their country but it is far from perfect and far from being a model we can follow.

You said our contribution to world defence was "by design" to " stop colonialism." Because the context was the funding of NATO i thought you meant that the structure of nato was designed with America paying more than others.

Rob Allen

I think everyone here greatly exagerates the role of the government in economic health. Though they get blamed for and take credit for a lot , the affects of financial policy decisions are too unpredictable to state anything as a rule.
Some presidents get lucky and their ideas work some get unlucky and they don't. Most of our financial destiny is outside of anyones planned effect.
Reagan is a perfect example some if his policies worked some didn't and some worked but had unforseen consequence.

Raising the interest rate stopped inflation but was a major cause of the short early 80s recession but military spending on hardware lead the way for recovery and a strong economy but the tax cuts didn't help as much as they hoped.

Best thing we can do for the economy is find a way to get investors out of the stock market and into operating businesses and putting people to work. We have allowed it to become to easy to buy and sell and join businesses together. It needs to be as profitable to own and operate a business than to trade in stocks.

weiliwen

funny he ignored the previous guilty ones.. politically motivated?? yup.
Stupid post, but expected.

Mueller's tasks were clearly defined, and they did not include going after "previously guilty ones." If they were guilty, then by definition, they have been tried in a court of law and found guilty. Why investigate something that's already been completed? It would be double jeopardy, illegal in the USA. He was directed to oversee the investigation into Russian tampering in the 2016 election.

As for politically motivated, ALL involved - the guy who hired Mueller, Mueller himself, are republicans.

Please, please, PLEASE do not post moronic false statements.

Maybe i was not clear.
First. Germany has been portrayed by some here as a model for energy generation. I am saying that it is because of our system that they are as far ahead as they are now. Had they had to pay for all the stuff we do they wouldn't have been able to do it nearly so fast. They are doing good things for their country but it is far from perfect and far from being a model we can follow.

You said our contribution to world defence was "by design" to " stop colonialism." Because the context was the funding of NATO i thought you meant that the structure of nato was designed with America paying more than others.
LISTEN UP you dipshit. I did not say Germany was a model for anything. I posted a link to show the unbelievers that solar works in a country like Germany that has LOTS OF CLOUDY WEATHER. You made the other conclusions up. You really need to pay more attention.

Once again, for the factually challenged......solar power works even if its not a sunny day. Solar energy goes through clouds at a lesser rate, but it still can be collected. These are facts that cannot be disputed. Period. You claimed it wouldn't work in cloudy places, and you are wrong. I hope this might straighten you out. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Rob, you already hold the title of biggest moron on the internet, you don't need to keep trying so hard.

Stupid post, but expected.

Mueller's tasks were clearly defined, and they did not include going after "previously guilty ones." If they were guilty, then by definition, they have been tried in a court of law and found guilty. Why investigate something that's already been completed? It would be double jeopardy, illegal in the USA. He was directed to oversee the investigation into Russian tampering in the 2016 election.

As for politically motivated, ALL involved - the guy who hired Mueller, Mueller himself, are republicans.

Please, please, PLEASE do not post moronic false statements.
Mueller's job has nothing to do with Hillary because it's not connected to his current assignment. He follows connections. All this Hillary talk from Trump is pure whataboutery. Goebbels would be proud.

Rob Allen

LISTEN UP you dipshit. I did not say Germany was a model for anything. I posted a link to show the unbelievers that solar works in a country like Germany that has LOTS OF CLOUDY WEATHER. You made the other conclusions up. You really need to pay more attention.

Once again, for the factually challenged......solar power works even if its not a sunny day. Solar energy goes through clouds at a lesser rate, but it still can be collected. These are facts that cannot be disputed. Period. You claimed it wouldn't work in cloudy places, and you are wrong. I hope this might straighten you out. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Rob, you already hold the title of biggest moron on the internet, you don't need to keep trying so hard.

Yup solar works so great they cannot shut down coal plants without going dark..
Again coal provides nearly half of Germany's electricity.

Your insults based on your opinion are kinda yawnworthy.
So people who deal witg reality at it actually is = moron.. ok. Got it now.

Rob Allen

Mueller's job has nothing to do with Hillary because it's not connected to his current assignment. He follows connections. All this Hillary talk from Trump is pure whataboutery. Goebbels would be proud.
Call republicans nazis how origional.

Who used the government to attack perceived political enemies? Oh yeah Obama! That was fairly naziesque
Much moreso than anything Trump has done.

You can ask Trey Gowdy how Well conducted the investigations were.
One decent man in the entire federal government.

Yup solar works so great they cannot shut down coal plants without going dark..
Again coal provides nearly half of Germany's electricity.

Your insults based on your opinion are kinda yawnworthy.
So people who deal witg reality at it actually is = moron.. ok. Got it now.
No.

People who don't pay attention, and go off on a tangent about some other nonsense unrelated to the conversation = moron

Get it now?

In case you don't........solar does still work on cloudy days. Repeat. Solar still works on cloudy days. Ok, repeat after me....solar still works on cloudy days.

Pt 2. Germany has cloudy days. Repeat after me. Germany has cloudy days.

Pt 3. Germany uses solar. Repeat after me. Germany uses solar.

Pt 4. Nobody said Germany relies SOLELY on solar. Repeat after me. Nobody said Germany relies SOLELY on solar.

Pt 5. Don't want to be insulted, quit being a moron. Repeat after me. Dont want to be insulted, quit being a moron.

Call republicans nazis how origional.

Who used the government to attack perceived political enemies? Oh yeah Obama! That was fairly naziesque
Much moreso than anything Trump has done.

You can ask Trey Gowdy how Well conducted the investigations were.
One decent man in the entire federal government.
Look up the term whataboutery. Do it.

I don't call republicans Nazis. Just Trumpists who use Nazi tactics like whataboutery to deflect issues to something irrelevant. Goebbels was a master at it. So is Putin, and so is Trump.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Rob is a damn fool, poorly educated, and wasn't blessed with the requiste mental furniture needed to pour piss out of a boot by his maker.
Time to just accept the fact, and stop trying to educate a willfully ignorant dolt.

Rob is a damn fool, poorly educated, and wasn't blessed with the requiste mental furniture needed to pour piss out of a boot by his maker.
Time to just accept the fact, and stop trying to educate a willfully ignorant dolt.
Yeah, I know. But I kind of feel sorry for him. He's like a sheep with a sponge for a brain that only soaks up nonsense.

But to get back to the topic.

It looks like offshore drilling is open season now. I wonder how long it will be before we have another Deepwater Horizon type event?

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
I feel sorry for him also, so I'm leaving him alone from now on.
Its simply not right to pick on those with diminished mental capability, whether that diminished capacity is from inbreeding, like Robs case, or any other reason.

:)

Rob Allen

I am smart enough to not get piss in my boot to begin with though..
You have not tried to educate anyone. You spout crap trying to force your will as truth.

Rob Allen

I feel sorry for him also, so I'm leaving him alone from now on.
Its simply not right to pick on those with diminished mental capability, whether that diminished capacity is from inbreeding, like Robs case, or any other reason.

:)

Beat up any 10 year olds today?

Last edited:

Latest posts