More winning for Big Oil

lee c

Just Trying to C
Lets see, no off shore drilling off the coast of Florida now, perhaps we can get Trump to buy property on the west coast and we can enjoy the same favors.

Lets see, no off shore drilling off the coast of Florida now, perhaps we can get Trump to buy property on the west coast and we can enjoy the same favors.

Good luck.

Has one president ever waged such war against one state before?

Ca is "new" money and trump wants to be "old" money.

lee c

Just Trying to C
For the sake of argument I have been trying to find a upside to the administrations goal of expanding areas for oil and mineral exploration. I can not fine one. It makes no sense to sell those leases now at very low prices ( never would be too soon for me). Would you sell your home during a buyers market, only if forced I am sure, but that's exactly what we are doing with our public lands. And those leases will be bought, not for use now, but wait tell the shit hits the fan the next time an oil prices go up, and poof suddenly they will be drilling. An of course they wouldn't gouge U.S. consumers.........

Remember you're talking about leases, not ownership. And they will make a profit on the leases because that's why the evil oil and mineral explorers buy leases. Ultimately we benefit and gladly purchase products made from what they extract.

For the sake of argument I have been trying to find a upside to the administrations goal of expanding areas for oil and mineral exploration. I can not fine one. It makes no sense to sell those leases now at very low prices ( never would be too soon for me). Would you sell your home during a buyers market, only if forced I am sure, but that's exactly what we are doing with our public lands. And those leases will be bought, not for use now, but wait tell the shit hits the fan the next time an oil prices go up, and poof suddenly they will be drilling. An of course they wouldn't gouge U.S. consumers.........
I agree but the antiquities act is not an environmental protection law and if Obama used it as such just to make something off limits to oilmen and miners that is a misuse of the law.

I don't think the leases should have been done at this time. If we are going to consider further domestic oil production i think the best way would be to explore find out where the best places to drill are both in terms of the environment and oil production. Then hold thoes sites as a strategic reserve not to be used while energy costs are low as they are now.
Then if in the future we never end up needing them great. If we do we at least have an emergency supply.

Latest posts