This doesn't sound good. Severe restrictions?

Salmo_g

If you like to fish for SRC, summer steelhead, bull trout, or resident trout in PS streams, this salmon plan is very bad news. I'm afraid WDFW is heading, being pushed by treaty tribes, to close freshwater stream fishing wherever a depressed salmon stock occurs, which is just about everywhere.

Josh

dead in the water
"We hope we aren't right," Patillo said. "The last few years have been the most restrictive sport seasons in decades, and the expectation from this is that it will be far worse in 2018."
Not even sure what to say about this. What a mess.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Not even sure what to say about this. What a mess.
I think most that fish for salmon knew 2018 would be a tough year, especially for coho.
That was based on the poor returns and small fish we experienced in 2015 caused by the blob.
The fishing restrictions we saw the past two years (2016, 2017) were in my opinion an over reaction to what happened in 2015.

What people didn’t know is that WDFW was secretly negotiating with the tribes on a chinook management agreement.
If that agreement is approved, we are likely to be screwed on salmon season until 2029.
So who does WDFW really represent and why would they negotiate such an agreement without knowledge of the WDFW commission?
Some serious questions need to be answered!!!!
SF

Last edited:

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
If you like to fish for SRC, summer steelhead, bull trout, or resident trout in PS streams, this salmon plan is very bad news. I'm afraid WDFW is heading, being pushed by treaty tribes, to close freshwater stream fishing wherever a depressed salmon stock occurs, which is just about everywhere.
Seems like my retirement plans will be changing to cruise ships & wine tasting ,my flyfishing days are coming to a end