Pattern Erabu's Green Drake Nymph

WOW...what a pompous ass you are. And as such, you are given an enema, flushed down the toilet, and put on the IGNORE list.
I don't care how creative or good you tie...you are a douche bag.
It's assholes like this that I never "ignore"......... too much entertainment and superior fodder for the "you-just-can't-make-this-shit-up" file. Ah, the diversity of it all..

Last edited:

LyNcH

Steelhead Junkie
You guys got yourselves all worked up like a bunch of hens in an overcrowded coop.

Advertising? What advertising? Think. With advertising of a book there would be a name of a book to advertise. A release date. The name of the author. Where you can purchase the book. Price maybe. There is none of that. There is no book.
Talk about "posting woops".
"multiple fly pictures on a fly tying forum". Isn't that what this forum is for? Posting pic of flies. You must be the self appointed forum nazi or something. I'm going to provide what I want to provide. You got buthurt because you thought you would have to pay for the SBS. Lame. That was the joke. The reason you missed the humorous punchline was because, you were the humorous punchline.

tkww, don't guess for me. Let me tell you, guessing not your strong suit.

And Nick Clayton. If you did that, you'd be a dusche.
Looks like Matt B and Buzzy likes them some dusche.
Anger and fly fishing.....kind of an oxymoron. Equating anything on this forum to Nazism? Wow.

Breath my friend....in through the nose...hold... slow exhale through the mouth.

G

G

G

Last edited:
This was all very strange.

The point of a fly tying forum is to collaborate and discuss fly tying. You posted some pictures and people asked simple questions about the material used.

Rather than provide the single word answers you alluded to a book. Then you unhinged when people assumed that you saying you would answer the questions in a book meant you were going to put a book out.

Maybe you were telling jokes and enjoyed leaving people in suspense? Either way, your communication skills were either lacking or misinterpreted and rather than explain you decided to lash out. Not much for us to work with here.
I was asked a question. tkww answered that question with a guess. Is he going to answer all the questions for me? Is that how these discussions work? That’s the kind of collaboration I can do without. After lynch came out with the “lame”, Ray Charles could see where this was going. And here we are. It went from a fly pic post, to some chickens clucking in the hen house.

This experience opened my eyes to tribalism. As the suspicious newcomer with sinister motives. It’s been enlightening. It seems like they’ve done this before. A goat or gloat post? I’m going to tell you, it’s going to be a gloat post. Thing is, I don’t know if they’re going to pop a beer or kick their dog over that news. It’ll be a circle jerk for sure

Thinking I should give back to the community, visually sharing my ideas, if there was any real interest. I was going to put it in a book. I hope you can appreciate the R&D that goes into the flies. It plays to the wife wanting me to make money off fly tying instead of spending on it. Since we never got that far. I was cured of that real quick.

What a delusional child you are
Holy shit, I've seen less drama from teenage girls my son hangs out with.

Wow, up next surely must be an epic novel of a post claiming how you are going to be leaving this forum once and for all

Get over yourself..... This quote look familiar??

"Thank you, thank you. For fear of repeating myself, I'll explain it all in a book."

Nobody made any assumptions or guesses. You flat out stated you were coming out with a book

You tie beautiful flies. No doubt. But so do plenty of other people who don't act like sniveling little babies.

And as far as the R&D goes, I'm sure it's lots. I'm sure lots of what you've researched is step by steps by OTHER tiers. And as soon as you release the book all this secrecy is for naught anyway. It's not like you can copyright a fly pattern.

I say again, get over yourself.

FinLuver

I was asked a question. tkww answered that question with a guess. Is he going to answer all the questions for me? Is that how these discussions work? That’s the kind of collaboration I can do without. After lynch came out with the “lame”, Ray Charles could see where this was going. And here we are. It went from a fly pic post, to some chickens clucking in the hen house.

This experience opened my eyes to tribalism. As the suspicious newcomer with sinister motives. It’s been enlightening. It seems like they’ve done this before. A goat or gloat post? I’m going to tell you, it’s going to be a gloat post. Thing is, I don’t know if they’re going to pop a beer or kick their dog over that news. It’ll be a circle jerk for sure

Thinking I should give back to the community, visually sharing my ideas, if there was any real interest. I was going to put it in a book. I hope you can appreciate the R&D that goes into the flies. It plays to the wife wanting me to make money off fly tying instead of spending on it. Since we never got that far. I was cured of that real quick.
G = G O N E ;)

Tmik

Now this is a statement I can work with! I too have a wonderful woman at home who is my biggest fan and who is genuinely surprised that I haven't been able to make money off my fly fishing 'crafts'.

I really do believe most of the friction here is communication based. Asks for a step-by-step around here are high praise for your flies, and it is known that step-by-steps are time consuming and an art of their own (see ScottP), so nobody expects that you are going to do them when asked. I do think there is an expectation that questions about materials will be answered on these forums though.

I'm not in advertising, but there is probably an element of a 'spam' of patterns without answering questions that might have come in to play to the way they were received as well. I for one would have totally understood a response on the materials but a mention that 'I am exploring the possibility of spending step-by-step time on a book, and my wife wants me to somehow recuperate my hobby costs and keep some details to myself until then'.

Best of luck to you on monetizing your tying. The initial experience wasn't great, but I can confidently say this community would be a great rough draft location to get feedback on your step-by-steps before publishing in a book.

Tristan

Now this is a statement I can work with! I too have a wonderful woman at home who is my biggest fan and who is genuinely surprised that I haven't been able to make money off my fly fishing 'crafts'.

I really do believe most of the friction here is communication based. Asks for a step-by-step around here are high praise for your flies, and it is known that step-by-steps are time consuming and an art of their own (see ScottP), so nobody expects that you are going to do them when asked. I do think there is an expectation that questions about materials will be answered on these forums though.

I'm not in advertising, but there is probably an element of a 'spam' of patterns without answering questions that might have come in to play to the way they were received as well. I for one would have totally understood a response on the materials but a mention that 'I am exploring the possibility of spending step-by-step time on a book, and my wife wants me to somehow recuperate my hobby costs and keep some details to myself until then'.

Best of luck to you on monetizing your tying. The initial experience wasn't great, but I can confidently say this community would be a great rough draft location to get feedback on your step-by-steps before publishing in a book.

Tristan
Thank you

I was asked a question. tkww answered that question with a guess.
Yo bitch. You said you weren't going to put the answer to a question (posted here) here but instead in a book "for fear of repeating yourself." I didn't question anything, I linked to your own post where you said it. A post that you've deleted because you aren't big enough to own your own words. Your tying skills are admirable. Your interpersonal skills remind me of why I don't own a dog--you can't own your own shit. Best of luck.

jersey

livin' the dream
Food for thought G, learn your audience prior to critical comments. In nearly 5 years, you've posted a whopping 16 times....this says quite a bit about your lack of understanding the general audience here.

Enjoy your wife and your book.

Latest posts