bamboo rod question?

My uncle who has done very little fly fishing in his life showed me a bamboo rod that was made for him today. The gentleman that made the rod for him was from Oklahoma and has since died. The rod was made in 1990 and is in a thomas & thomas rod sock. It is a 3 piece with 2 tip sections. there are no other markings it other than my uncles name and the date it was made. Is there any way to find out who the manufacture of the blank was? :confused: I might also add i know absolutely nothing about bamboo rods and would appreciate any input anyone could give. Also it is a 8'4" 5 wt. Thanks

jake

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
Go here http://p205.ezboard.com/bclarksclassicflyrodforum
once there go to the Information about Makers & Manufacturers forum and ask about your rod.
Once you have learned a bit about your rod and if you decide you might like an appraisal, go to the Appraisals/Identificantion of Bamboo Fly Rods forum. If you are requesting an appraisal be sure to read and follow all of the instructions at the top of the page.

I think it would be safe to say that Clarksclassicflyrodforum is probably the single largest cane rod knowledge bank on the planet.

TC

Latest posts