Ditch Parrots

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
The bird hunters have been awfully quiet around here. How has everyone's season been going? I've been seeing a lot of birds, more than I can remember in any recent years. Flushing a lot out of range, but I think that's because I'm still trying to train a young dog and we aren't very stealthy yet haha. But we are getting a few. I shot my first rooster double on Sunday, and would have had a triple if I wasn't shooting the O/U. I've doubled and even tripled on ducks several times, but I'd never doubled on pheasant so I was pretty excited about that.

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I had two great bird hunting trips to North Dakota this year. 2 weeks in October & the first week of December. Lots of pheasants and ducks. Bird hunts of my life.
If you think pheasant numbers were good you should have been here last year. Numbers are down more than 50% this year due to the harsh winter last year combined with a super dry spring when they hatched. Everyone here is bitching about so few birds around. Funny how different perceptions work.

If you think pheasant numbers were good you should have been here last year. Numbers are down more than 50% this year due to the harsh winter last year combined with a super dry spring when they hatched. Everyone here is bitching about so few birds around. Funny how different perceptions work.
My cousins told me that. We hunted hard for the pheasants, it it was awesome hunting. Much better than any bird hunt I’ve had in Washington. I saw birds get solidly pounded with a 12 ga & hit the ground & get up & run. Tough birds back there.

Latest posts