You gotta love the NEW EPA!

creekx

spent spinner
OK, assuming what you say is true...
What exactly did I write that is not true?
...in your words, a permanent $18 tax cut?
Those are not my words. Where did you get the $18 figure?
And please, something besides "I will not defend the gamesmanship that both parties participate in"
The original point was regarding the outrage that the tax cuts are not permanent. The changes in individual tax rates and standard deductions were made to sunset to avoid needing a 60-vote approval.

EVERYTHING should require a 60 vote approval. Having ANYTHING pass by 1% is ridiculous. It's almost as stupid as having a psychopath in office who got less votes than his opponent.

And would somebody PLEASE slap the shit out of ancient old Orrin Hatch. His slobbering all over Trump is degrading and sad to watch. Hasn't he served long enough?

TERM LIMITS!

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
The original point was regarding the outrage that the tax cuts are not permanent. The changes in individual tax rates and standard deductions were made to sunset to avoid needing a 60-vote approval.
This is what we would call "spin." They don't need a 60 vote majority to make individual tax cuts permanent, they need 60 votes to add more than $1.5 trillion to our deficit over a ten year span. The only way they can pass (and pay for) the permanent corporate tax cut without a super-majority is by making all of our tax breaks expire so we pay more when they sunset and keep the tab from going over that deficit mark. Otherwise they would violate the Byrd rule and the legislation would be illegal. If they were focused on the middle class, they would have reversed it and made the corporate tax cuts the ones that sunset, which they absolutely 110% could have done with only 51 votes.

Last edited:
UP THE REVOLUTION!!

Put a guillotine on the Capitol Mall and let the streets run red with the blood of the members of Congress! Now, that would be protecting the American middle class.
Starting with any of them who have been there for more than three terms. SERVING the people should not be an occupation. Fuck these career politicians. Off with their heads.

What exactly did I write that is not true?

Those are not my words. Where did you get the $18 figure?

Three comments and none addressing POTUS making $15 million. OK, your answer is you don't care.

Latest posts