You gotta love the NEW EPA!

Here we go name calling and slinging shit at each other again. C'mon y'all.

Cost-benefits for regulation. Even if assuming you model was accurate and applied to this situation, which threshold are we sitting at currently? I'll do a cost benefit of Trump's presidency. Loss of natural land, more pollution, increased hostility between overseas enemies and allies, more racism, environmental degradation accelerated... shall I go on? Any benefits to me are to be seen. As much as I hate that piece of garbage and his cronies, I hope I'm wrong. I won't hold my damn breath.

If you apply employee fault to this situation you are very out of touch with the issue. Falling hammers? Heavy machinery? Hazardous heights and operation? One story. An employer can warn employees about the dangers of these and ways to prevent accidents. Pesticides and chemicals are another animal completely. While you can be warned, employers can supply safer protective wear. They can use safer pesticides. These would reduce the harm done. You can't blame employees for that, even if they know they are in a hazardous environment. We can do better than that.

Most of those employees don't have much of a choice where they work. Research into the politics behind race issues and the multi-headed hyena that is and you'll see that the Latino and Latina workers of those farms are desperate and unfortunately low on options. Do you think working for 13 hours a day, in backbreaking conditions, sweltering heat, and working with hazardous conditions, under-equipped to deal with toxic chemicals as they do, for 10 bucks an hour, is their first choice?

lee c

Just Trying to C
I knew I shouldn't have opened this forum, but I guess its a like a train wreck, hard to take your eyes off it. Cost vs Benefit .............oh my..... I wonder what value they place on human life in that equation.

Coming from the biggest stupid fuck on here...no surprise.[/QUOTE

From Enlightened:
I cannot believe that simple logic isn't working on a fly fishing forum......progressive means just that. We went from no phone to a wall phone to a cell. All loved that. God forbid we are PROGRESSIVE in our environment. The United States looks foolish to most of the world right now. Read some news folks from all over the world. When you get to a point that you spew bullshit constantly (TRUMP) the biggest fuck right now, he has rolled back Obama era regulations so badly our states are keeping the contract with the climate treaty, not the entire country. Anyone who thinks drilling is good or mining needs to reevaluate their priorities. I want clean air; green energy! The world is laughing folks. And you are spewing utter crap because this administration has given you permission to use your filthy mouth to speak like that. Conservationists? I'm an outdoors girl. I need my gun, but keep my environment clean. I am a conservationist. You all might want to think about staying on topic as well. You want to debate? Then its on the EPA only. Logic folks not party lines. I'm in awe of this forum. Watching how ugly all turn is one reason I don't get on Washington fly fishing anymore. Trump was correct in one aspect and its been proven time and again. He can do anything and his supporters turn a blind eye. My job is an important one, but as an educator, so small compared to the highest office. I am held to higher standards than Trump. Keep on insulting. Ignorance must be bliss.

Last edited:

Salmo_g

I wonder what value they place on human life in that equation.
Ain't it obvious? I mean if they're from Haiti, Africa, or El Salvador, or any place where they have brown skin, the value is zero. Now, if they came from some place like Norway, ya' know what I mean?

I don't think it's obvious at all! If we want immigrants why wouldn't we want immigrants who have something to offer the USA? If we want to become the no opportunity country we can continue to import no help, and give them foodstamps.

Who is it? it Ain't Donald J. Trump Jr! That'll be 2024 and forward.
Two stupid fucks are actually trying to defend poisoning children. Holy. Fucking. Shit. I shouldn't be surprised given both their rhetoric so far. But I find myself still surprised. They would literally argue if you said the sky was blue, for fucks sake!
I don't think you understood what was stated and I don't think you took the opportunity to support your viewpoint. Do you understand that could mean you don't believe what you typed?

I don't think it's obvious at all! If we want immigrants why wouldn't we want immigrants who have something to offer the USA? If we want to become the no opportunity country we can continue to import no help, and give them foodstamps.
Please research. Who fights more for the good ol' U.S.A.? Who are our doctors? Our teachers? Our engineers our Surgeons? Our farmers? Our anything? Do you realize the United States has to look outside our country for STEM careers because the United States doesn't have the math and science majors? Education is trying to change that with STEM, but anyone can be productive. The more we understand each others cultures, the more "awake" we are, but understanding has to be there. Fact 1 "them." Lol. You have made my point. By the way, we are not searching in Norway.