Christmas gift

SilverFly

My wife and I rented this house on the big island for 4 days back in July. Originally the idea was an escape for just the two of us after a full week with family in Kauai. But we knew that her sister and BIL needed an escape from kids/jobs/family even more than we did, so we invited them.

The four of us had a great time, but it turned out to be more than just a long weekend for my in-laws. They had a re-kindling of sorts that we want them to remember. So I figured a painting of the house would be a nice gift. It was also a good exercise for me since its been a while since I've picked up a brush.

20171223_192320.jpg

Last edited:

SilverFly

Thanks. Felt more like an illustration project due to the time constraints and working straight from a photo. Its probably good that I ran out of time since I'd keep messing with it and screw it up (wouldn't be the first time). One thing for sure, I never want to paint another pandanus palm tree ever again. Very tedious to get right, and still don't think I quite pulled it off.. The one in front of the house was definitely NOT a "happy little tree" to paint!

Last edited:

JohnB

Its probably good that I ran out of time since I'd keep messing with it and screw it up (wouldn't be the first time).
You don't say? He of the infamous plasti-dip fly line and the hyper realistic bonefish crab. The painting looks just as impressive as the crab and fly line. Nice work!

Latest posts