Game cameras?

Roper

Idiot Savant
I went to Cabela’s yesterday and was overwhelmed by all the different brands and models. So I’ll be doing some research the next few days. Until then I welcome any insight on which brands have the best reliability. I don’t need a lot of bells and whistles, just want to see what trips the lights at the property at night.

surfnsully

I have been happy with my Stealthcams. They have seen plus 100 degrees and below freezing temps during a two month setting. Clean pictures and few bells or whistles

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I was happy with a Bushnell until some asshat cut down the tree it was cabled-to & locked-on & stole it. IF I get another, I'll make one like those described in the info that I PM'd to you, Roper. Besides the better image quality - in color day and night - I like to tinker. With a new Grandson to spoil, tinkering opportunities may be in shorter supply now however . . . not that I mind in the least :D . . .

Merle

Not New, Just rarely post...
I got a Primos "Proof Generator 2" for I think about $120 at Sportsmans Warehouse a few months ago. I like it, 16MP and really simple to set up, not a lot of bells and whistles. Takes great images day or night. Does video too but haven't tried that yet, just photos so far.

I had a 6 MP Bushnell before that and it was fine also. But as soon as you get a picture or video of something cool, you end up wishing you had a higher resolution image to zoom in and really get a good look at. I got a night time picture of a dandy 5x5 elk in my back woods and was really wishing I had got it on the new camera and not the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ribka

I went to Cabela’s yesterday and was overwhelmed by all the different brands and models. So I’ll be doing some research the next few days. Until then I welcome any insight on which brands have the best reliability. I don’t need a lot of bells and whistles, just want to see what trips the lights at the property at night.

i have 6 diferent brands of trail cams. The browning is pretty good for the money so are syealth cams.
I spend less than $75 per camera and most under $50 i found on sale

I have had a few stolen on public and on my land so I limit spending

check out sales on camo fire and cabelas

http://www.cabelas.com/product/BROWNING-SPEC-OPS-PLATINUM-MP-TRAIL-CAMERA/2539938.uts?slotId=10

I’ve been running game cameras for a while. I haven’t bought a new one in a few years tho. Check out camlockbox.com for some security housings for your game cameras as well. After getting a couple stolen I’ve been using these lock boxes with deadbolts and cables.

Bowbonehead

I have been reading this as I am looking myself as I am hoping to get a few pics of the Lynx that visit my yard every few weeks but I had no idea how big an problem theft was .....

Latest posts