2017 Year in Review

jordan101

I started the year looking back at my life and decided it was time for me to add some flyfishing travel to my life’s resume.

It started by going to the El Pescador Lodge in Belize. This was my first time with fly fishing warm water salt. I was thrilled with the amount of fight each of the fish had. I almost had the slam. I missed on a tarpon in the mangroves. He came unbuttoned after a short while. The numerous bonefish and one permit made up for the missed tarpon. To really add to the trip was the lodging and staff at the lodge. It was fine dining with friends old and new. This is a trip I highly recommend. This has rebooked again for me in Feb 2018.

upload_2017-12-27_11-21-28.png

After coming home and fishing the local waters of Washington. I won’t list those off because everybody knows the good waters in this state.
In June I headed off to Craig Montana to fish the Missouri river. What a fun time that was. The fishing was either dry or nymphing and success was going to be had. I floated the river with the Linehan Outfitting company. I had always wanted to fish with Tim. He and his group were truly knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The pictures tell the rest of the story.

upload_2017-12-27_11-24-10.png

upload_2017-12-27_11-25-40.png

In November, I made my way out to the Bahamas. I had always wanted to fish there. So I made the red eye flight to Miami the Thursday before Thanksgiving and was on Andros Island by noon the next day. I stayed at Eva’s Bonefish Lodge. The accommodations were great. The fishing was as good I as I had hoped. The fish on the deck was the result of me swinging the fish on to the boat to avoid feeding him to a shark.

upload_2017-12-27_11-26-23.png
upload_2017-12-27_11-27-47.png

upload_2017-12-27_11-19-7.png

Anyways I hope that everyone had a fun year and hope that 2018 is good to all.

Rowland

Attachments

Buzzy

Great report! Craig, MT, huh? Quite the place, headed back again next year myself, will look for that cigar and give it some roon :D. I appreciate you sharing the warm water salt reports. Right now with my yard and especially the driveway coated in ice, those sunny pictures make me wonder what the heck I'm doing......

ps. Did Tim provide any of his wife's cookies? Great guy even if he is a Redsox fan.

jordan101

Great report! Craig, MT, huh? Quite the place, headed back again next year myself, will look for that cigar and give it some roon :D. I appreciate you sharing the warm water salt reports. Right now with my yard and especially the driveway coated in ice, those sunny pictures make me wonder what the heck I'm doing......

ps. Did Tim provide any of his wife's cookies? Great guy even if he is a Redsox fan.
Yes, cookies were provided by Joanne and they were excellent.