NFR This should stir the ol' cake batter....

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
Hahaha! You have to get over this dislike for David Grohl. I love him!
I knew that might catch your attention ! That first song from SNL a week or so back confirms my dislike for him : )

He went from one of the cooler 3-piece bands, to a band with extra keyboards and backing female singers???
It is like watching the band Chicago (great band), Foo needs that much help onstage? : )

Last edited:
If someone says Dave Grohl, I am unenlisting and resigning ;)
Most of them that I have met are from the 70's and 80's. I had a buddy who was in music promotions back then, and we went to lots of events and parties.
I met a lot of famous musicians. My favorites were Ann and Nancy Wilson, who we partied with, but the one that made a real impression on me was Frank Zappa.
He was a very intelligent man, and a great composer.

There's many more, from quick meet and greets, to conversations, to sitting in on rehearsals, and after parties. Most of the after parties aren't real clear in my head.
The good old days of radio and payola.

Jojo

"My fake plants died because i forgot to pretend to water them."
"I'm against picketing but i don't know how to show it."
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but i also used to."
Paraphrasing these, but some of my favorite Hedberg jokes. I also liked Steven Wright. Similar styles.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
Most of them that I have met are from the 70's and 80's. I had a buddy who was in music promotions back then, and we went to lots of events and parties.
I met a lot of famous musicians. My favorites were Ann and Nancy Wilson, who we partied with, but the one that made a real impression on me was Frank Zappa.
He was a very intelligent man, and a great composer.

There's many more, from quick meet and greets, to conversations, to sitting in on rehearsals, and after parties. Most of the after parties aren't real clear in my head.
The good old days of radio and payola.
Ann and Nancy are very nice folk. Zappa would have been a trip and a real treat !

Jojo

I cannot think of one famous person i have ever met! I did shake hands with Joe Lieberman once. Oh yeah and Wayne Cody (remember him?) sent over a glass of champagne to me when i was in one of his restaurants and i thanked him. (Heard that guy was a real player.)

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
I cannot think of one famous person i have ever met! I did shake hands with Joe Lieberman once. Oh yeah and Wayne Cody (remember him?) sent over a glass of champagne to me when i was in one of his restaurants and i thanked him. (Heard that guy was a real player.)
Wayne Cody, that is a name that died. Ouch, I mean that respectfully. I bet he would have been run out of town in this day if half of his reputation was true. Big boy liked to party.

Always like Tony Ventrella delivering my sports.

And, YES< Steven Wright, ofcourse ! Great comedian !

Wayne Cody's reputation was what you heard. He loved grabbing women's butts and making off color remarks. He always had a pretty lady with him. He owned a restaurant in Tacoma, and aside from his crudeness, he was a pretty nice guy, and a good sports person. Met him quite a few times. A very well "rounded" guy. lol

jasmillo

I always kinda liked Mitch Hedberg
Might be my all time favorite! Somewhere around 2004 or 2005 I saw Mitch Hedberg, Dave Attel and Lewis Black in one show. Best comedy show I have ever been too.

His simple lines were the best; “this jacket is dry clean only, which means it’s dirty...” and of course his classics like the escalator bit, “sorry for the convenience”.

My favorites are Mitch Hedberg, Lewis Black, Bill Burr, Dave Attel, Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan (every time I eat Mexican I think of that dude), George Carlin was great, Bill Hicks was really good also. Lots of good comics out there.

@Gyrfalcon2015 and @napawino y'all could swap some great musician stories I'm sure!
The 70's and 80's had many great artists and groups coming through Seattle. I have great memories of those who I was fortunate enough to meet. Some that stand out are Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Crosby Stills and Nash, Neil Young, Alice Cooper, Jeff Beck, AC/DC, Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick, Johnny Winter, Deep Purple, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Robert Plant. Oh, and I did meet a Beatle too. Paul.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
The 70's and 80's had many great artists and groups coming through Seattle. I have great memories of those who I was fortunate enough to meet. Some that stand out are Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Crosby Stills and Nash, Neil Young, Alice Cooper, Jeff Beck, AC/DC, Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick, Johnny Winter, Deep Purple, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Robert Plant. Oh, and I did meet a Beatle too. Paul.
I'd love to read/hear that Ted Nugent had a hunting accident.

Great list of people there !

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
They really were back then, and I imagine they still are. I think of Frank often and wonder what he'd be doing if he was still alive. I'm pretty sure Trump would be a target of his scrutiny.
Yes, the world needs a Frank Zappa for many things, but to take aim at DC for sure !

Latest posts