Where I'd like to be

SilverFly

Yeah, I want to be there too! Palms are deceptively difficult to pull off (at least for me). To do it so well in an unforgiving medium like watercolor is especially impressive. Those palms took steady hands and tiny brushes. Beautifully rendered sky, water, sand, shadows too!

Nicely done Skip.

GAT

Dumbfounded
I bet Mr Happy Tree could use a fan brush and pallet knife to create palm trees in seconds :D

Actually, I never saw an episode where he painted a beach scene that included palm trees. I'm an impatient painter so I did like his style... and I found it relaxing to watch him paint.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Yeah, I want to be there too! Palms are deceptively difficult to pull off (at least for me). To do it so well in an unforgiving medium like watercolor is especially impressive. Those palms took steady hands and tiny brushes. Beautifully rendered sky, water, sand, shadows too!

Nicely done Skip.
It was a commission ...I wanted to render this as if the clients could go back to their time there and imagine the breeze moving the palms and hear the surf roll in...

Skip Enge

Staff member
I have been creating themed painting shows for a lot of years. I have a new concept based on the lunar and solar events in the last year... I will call it "One Glib Eye"...the thought came to me during the smoky summer we had because of the terrible forest fires in our region. The sun was often tainted by smoke filling our sky. I often write poetry in association with paintings...I might call it a focusing mechanism for work to come. These below are intro's alluding to intent of concept for three themed collections of paintings

One Gib Eye

Darkness fades
Into dawn
Brushed light
Eyes adjust
From the depth
Of night
And dawn
On the horizon
Mauve light
Ascending
Reveals a lid