NFR Union Gap Fissures

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I made that drive from the Tri Cities today. There are several areas east of there where homes & shops/outbuildings are on the edge of bluffs that surely will erode/slough-off one of these days/months/years. I imagine that the folks who reside in the trailer park just east of the slide are a bit uneasy.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Municipalities and counties do dumb arse stuff daily courting an increased tax base...usually there are meetings for community input...like when no one that works can attend a noon on Tues or can't read tiny print buried in the back pages of the local rag...Pay the eff attention , show up and effing rag their arses! Pro bizz all the time...and the ecological expense will be tallied later...and paid for by you.

Klickrolf

Just looked at more photos and I now believe it won't amount to much. Doubt strongly there will any kind of slide, maybe some slumping but not much more. The slope is at the angle of repose so rocks will fall but the slope isn't moving very far. Doubt it would even block the yak. It'll have to slump a bunch to even block I82.

jamma

The problem with mining sites is without knowing it, we use a lot of the materials they produce.Not saying I like anything about this,I don't,just a fact of life.If you're going to fix this problem,we're going to have to find a better,more sustainable way of getting the job done.

Last edited:

jamma

Definitely a curious spot for something like this... Right at the choke point of two highways, a railroad, and a not-so-small river. And we're just talking about a gravel quarry right? Like, they could have found this pretty much anywhere else?
Not so curious when you consider your first two items are convenient ways of transporting the product away.Some people are willing to roll the dice just to make a buck.And when the disaster comes,they just pack up and start again somewhere else.Sad but true.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Not so curious when you consider your first two items are convenient ways of transporting the product away.Some people are willing to roll the dice just to make a buck.And when the disaster comes,they just pack up and start again somewhere else.Sad but true.
I was alluding to the east fork

Latest posts