The mighty 6.5 creedmoor

ribka

Have been a big fan for years of the 6.5

Have 260 rem, 6.5x55, 6.5x2.84. Had a 6.5x47.

It sure seems the 6.5 creedmoor is receiving too much adoration now. Does not do much different than the other 6.5's . All marketing sure has created a lot of fan boys and snipers ;0 )

John Dude

Learned skills from George Dickel

Have been a big fan for years of the 6.5

Have 260 rem, 6.5x55, 6.5x2.84. Had a 6.5x47.

It sure seems the 6.5 creedmoor is receiving too much adoration now. Does not do much different than the other 6.5's . All marketing sure has created a lot of fan boys and snipers ;0 )

John Dude

I agree with you, the 6.5 Creedmoor doesn't do anything ballistically that the 6.5 x 55 Swede can't do. Only difference is the Creedmoor can fit in the short action of the Model 700 and similar bolt actions. I got the new Sig Sauer Model 100 XT Classic in the 6.5 Creedmoor only because the USA importer wasn't importing the 6.5 x 55 chambering. Rather have had that, so I didn't have to get new dies and jigs, etc.

But it's fine since I've gotten the accessories. The gun shot 3/4 inch 5 shot groups right out of the box with Hornady factory ammo, and no modifications to trigger, nor any good handloads yet. Already accounts for one trophy so far

John Dude

I noticed Cabelas is selling a varmint model Savage in 6.5 Creedmoor, with a heavy barrel. I already have the dies and brass now. Maybe I should get another rifle? Of course I already have a couple of varmint models, in 223. Rem, 308 Win, and .222 Rem.
But who can resist another new rifle?

I don't own a Creed, but have shot a few. They do have rather mild recoil and can be incredibly accurate.
And that should be good enough. If the hype annoys, wait a few years; some other cartridge will be the latest, coolest thing. And the 6.5 Creedmoor will have settled into its proper niche in shooter appeal, as most cartridges do.

And that should be good enough. If the hype annoys, wait a few years; some other cartridge will be the latest, coolest thing. And the 6.5 Creedmoor will have settled into its proper niche in shooter appeal, as most cartridges do.
The 6mm Creedmoor is already creeping up on the 6.5 Creed. There have been a few show up at the range, mostly owned by the precision shooting crowd.

John Dude

Never shot a 6.5 Creedmore, but my old Carl Gustav 6.5 Swede has served me well on many deer hunt.
As I posted earlier, when I got my new deer rifle, the Sig Sauer, I would rather have had the 6.5x55 Swedish chambering. Ive used it in my Remington 700 for 25 years. But the US importer wasn't importing that chambering. So the 6.5 Creedmoor allows me to use the 6.5 bullets, which I personally think are the ideal bullet choice for deer sized game. Im impressed with the Creedmoor. Took down a smallish buck with a single shot already.

As I posted earlier, when I got my new deer rifle, the Sig Sauer, I would rather have had the 6.5x55 Swedish chambering. Ive used it in my Remington 700 for 25 years. But the US importer wasn't importing that chambering. So the 6.5 Creedmoor allows me to use the 6.5 bullets, which I personally think are the ideal bullet choice for deer sized game. Im impressed with the Creedmoor. Took down a smallish buck with a single shot already.

Ideal bullet for deer. Agree wholeheartedly.

Bob Rankin

Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)
I’m still a HUGE fan of the 260 Rem! 6.5 Creed doesn’t blow my dress up. But... The 6mm Dasher does....! Loving this caliber!

Latest posts