Skagit workshops announced

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Apparently a moderator took a vote of member participants, and even Cowlitzfisherman was voted off the forum. That was 2 or 3 years ago now. Overall that forum is dying. Not sure why. I guess I wasn't able to raise the average IQ of content all that much on my own.
Damn that's harsh. As much as I would love for wff to have a 'vote out a member a month' policy, it will just turn into a circle jerk of like minded folks being pushed further towards the extreme end of their belief spectrum...kind of like Reddit and fox news.

Damn that's harsh. As much as I would love for wff to have a 'vote out a member a month' policy, it will just turn into a circle jerk of like minded folks being pushed further towards the extreme end of their belief spectrum...kind of like Reddit and fox news.

If you spent much time on Gamefishin the last handful of years, you would understand the necessity

yep salmo your at it again just keep on throwing the stupid card because thats all you have.But then again I find it really funny how you have berated me so many times but then when it fit you went and used my argument to better your self.

dustin salmo knows what I speak of but so you can know .It is about the Nisqually river and the hatchery fish.But Unlike salmo I really don't care how you him or anyone else thinks of me.Because one thing that all of the fly fishing crowd keeps forgetting is there is a lot more of us gear junkies than there are of you flea flickers.When it comes down to push and shove who is going to have a bigger voice the 90% of fishermen that fish gear or the 10% of you that fish flies.When a few of you decide not to buy your license nobody takes notice but when us gear guys stop buying our licenses.The state coffers sit up and take notice.So what do you think will happen when all the gear guys start complaining about money from their license sell going to monitoring of the proposed skagit fishier.

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
" When it comes down to push and shove who is going to have a bigger voice the 90% of fishermen that fish gear "

How's that been working for the past 30-50yrs for ya? I probley fish gear more that you do, still clueless!

BTW your rants are priceless so keep em coming please!

dustin salmo knows what I speak of but so you can know .It is about the Nisqually river and the hatchery fish.But Unlike salmo I really don't care how you him or anyone else thinks of me.Because one thing that all of the fly fishing crowd keeps forgetting is there is a lot more of us gear junkies than there are of you flea flickers.When it comes down to push and shove who is going to have a bigger voice the 90% of fishermen that fish gear or the 10% of you that fish flies.When a few of you decide not to buy your license nobody takes notice but when us gear guys stop buying our licenses.The state coffers sit up and take notice.So what do you think will happen when all the gear guys start complaining about money from their license sell going to monitoring of the proposed skagit fishier.

Um..... What?

KerryS

Ignored Member
When a few of you decide not to buy your license nobody takes notice but when us gear guys stop buying our licenses.The state coffers sit up and take notice.
You live in a fantasy world. Combined fly fishermen and gear fishermen are a very small portion of the state’s population. When all fishermen stop buying licenses nobody cares.

It's time gear fishermen realize they are an Invasive and inferior species. They are not fit to breath the same free air or fish the same water as us fly anglers. Second class citizens above only the snaggers and dirty ass nymphers. Their hooks are rusty and dull as their IQs. Their clothing stained with the eggs of all the fish they gut for future freezer burn. Those pink fingers are the mark. The mark of shame and a species long outliving it's useful purpose. Junkies indeed they are.

I long dream of a planet where gear anglers are hunted down and branded before being sent to hatchery hole concentration camps. This would then leave the water free of their litter and unwanted presence. Flossing away they would be while some of the fly fishing generals float by and shoot them for sport sipping our single barrel.

You see our hands are free while we float not wanting to insult a steelhead by catching it while in a boat. Hands free to cull the herd of sheep like vermin tossing eggs. A fine world it would be. Sand shrimp populations would recover, gas prices would go down, and fishing could be great again. You know, real fishing with a swung fly. This is the only angling to be respected or even allowed in the new world.

All others most leave the river or perish trying to feed those grubby litters and broods they call families with the king's great silver fish. Darkies are all you get, and like it you will. Join us wolfkill, lay down your baitcaster and inform on your former brethren of their sins. You may not be welcome at the king's table but we might slice off a small piece for you on the water. Right below the hatchery Weir, just the way you like it. The sport of kings can no longer be sullied by your kind. You will see reason soon enough. And if not..........

The above is pure satire of fly fishermen as elitist Nazi sorts. It's purely for entertainment and playing on a sensational stereotype of fly anglers. Honestly wolfkill I don't think fly anglers are exclusionary and the Skagit as occupy sees it to my knowledge is pretty equal opportunity so long as gear is selective. It's really pretty blended. Yes elitist dicks exist in every pursuit. I think today you will find them in the minority and not the majority. I fished gear before the fly and still fish gear when the mood strikes.

Last edited:

Latest posts