WTB Fly Tying desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianM

I am no longer new here!
There’s one on Craigslist. Really good deal. Oasis flyfactory brand new for $50

james.jimenez

this one with removable legs cost about $90 in materials..a smaller desktop would be inexpensive and easy to make, customize it exactly as you want.

View attachment 159086 View attachment 159087

If you don't me asking... Do you make and sell this? Do you have drawn out plans that you are willing to share so someone lime myself would be able to attempt this build?

I am not at all a wood worker but I think Fort LEWIS has a wood shop I could try and build this at...

surfnfish

don't over estimate the skills needed...top is a pre-cut Home Depot laminated section wrapped in plastic on the rack. Threaded legs screw into simple 4 screw matching receivers. Side tool holders are 1x2's and 2x2's drilled with various side holes. The framed back flash holder 1x2's with cup hooks, the thread spool rack a 1 x 6 with cut dowel sections inset..2 coats of poly and done.. half a days work..

surfnfish

If you don't me asking... Do you make and sell this? Do you have drawn out plans that you are willing to share so someone lime myself would be able to attempt this build?

I am not at all a wood worker but I think Fort LEWIS has a wood shop I could try and build this at...
lol...no, just an inveterate shop hacker..if folks are serious about wanting to build one, I could put together some pics of the details and a bill of materials..seriously, this is an easy build..only tools that make it easy are a chop saw and a drill press..and could do without either if using a clamped guide for power saw cuts, and a drill guide with depth stops to keep a hand drill vertical when making the holes. The first one I built, a friend saw it and immediately offered me $400 for it..I gave it to him for my material cost and built this one to replace it with..

Nick Clayton

don't over estimate the skills needed.....
Don't under estimate my ability to screw up a wood working project! ;)

It does sound fairly doable, but man I'm terrible with wood.

I've been kinda wanting a new tying desk. I really like the simplicity of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts