Stupid Questions about Flatwing Flies

Was this because you wanted to feel good about keeping the same bedding? I still want a few flat wings from you by the way! We never ended up getting to fish.
Oh man... college bedding :confused:

I will try and tie up some flatwings for you in the next few weeks, I think I am about ready to take a break from steelhead flies.

jasmillo

This was an interesting read sitting here in the dark by the fire (no power).

I have been tying saltwater flies for a little over a year now and I started tying flatwing style flies a couple of months ago probably?? All in, I have tied less than two dozen. I watched one YouTube video and was off. I am fairly certain I am doing it all wrong and classic flatwing guys would probably call my ties atrocious but I’ll tell you what, those flies have been unbelievably productive this winter. Absolutely one of my go to flies in mutiple colors with olive and white being the standout. I have only tied them with stick on eyes but that’s just because, we’ll that’s all I had. I’ll pick up some JC and give that a go as well.

I can’t imagine how productive these flies are going to be once I actually learn to tie them properly...

Kris Kerr

The Breaker of Tippets and Arrows
Looking for suggestions for what flatwing patterns and size would be good for the Manchester State Park area in July. I signed up for an SRC meet up and unless I get over before then this will be my first trip to the Sound. I started following seafly907 on Instagram and have been wanting to tie some flatwings to try ever since.

holtad

Looking for suggestions for what flatwing patterns and size would be good for the Manchester State Park area in July. I signed up for an SRC meet up and unless I get over before then this will be my first trip to the Sound. I started following seafly907 on Instagram and have been wanting to tie some flatwings to try ever since.

I'd try a sandeel in a size 4 or 6. This would be a pretty classic color combo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdqpqT7A1LG/?hl=en&taken-by=seafly907

or this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc45ITFAHNB/?hl=en&taken-by=seafly907

Her flies don't work...:eek: What Adam said.

Latest posts