Yakima/Union Gap area heads-up

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
Looks like Union Gap could end up being a lake. From the pics I've seen there doesn't seem to be much doubt that it's coming down. Seems to me it might be logical to blast the hillside with explosives. Once and done and if planned no one should be hurt. Seems in this case deciding when it happens would be better than waiting. They could deploy all the removal equipment etc. and attempt limiting the blockage time by creating a path for the water to flow through. Waiting and then reacting seems like the wrong way to go. Maybe lay some Yuge tubing before hand so the river doesn't get completely blocked.
They were talking about this on KUOW the other day, and the geologist they interviewed seemed to think that was super risky. Like it could cause slides on other parts of the ridge.

All I can say is, if ANYONE dies because of a slide event in that area, it will be Darwin award material. They have had plenty of warnings. The victims at Oso had no such warnings. A true tragedy of epic proportion. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it takes your breath away to look at that mountainside, and realize what happened that sunday morning.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
All I can say is, if ANYONE dies because of a slide event in that area, it will be Darwin award material. They have had plenty of warnings. The victims at Oso had no such warnings. A true tragedy of epic proportion. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it takes your breath away to look at that mountainside, and realize what happened that sunday morning.
4 million cubic feet...that's a lot of compost! Plant grapes!

Last edited:

Latest posts