Pesticides killing salmon.

pesticides aren't only killing fish, they are killing us as well..endless studies from valid medical sources linking pesticides with cancers, autism, respiratory illness, etc.

Will never understand how the Republican party managed to pull off the greatest PR con in history, adopting the 'conservative' branding for themselves.

Conservative to allow, hell, encourage, the rape and pillage of our natural resources for the sake of corporate profits..?

Just as I will never understand fly fishers who profess to embrace the protection of our watersheds and wild fish stock while supporting this insanely destructive administration..

No big surprise. How about the chemicals banned in the US - shipped to other countries which apply them to food crops - then ship the food crops back to the US for our consumption. Sounds ridiculous but true. Let's face it. Shoppers have zero tolerance for anything other than perfect looking products. Would you buy a head of lettuce that had a small slug on it? Probably not but I pick them off of my homegrown food all of the time. No big deal.

Plecoptera

Shouldn’t be much of a surprise that a product designed to kill insects is harmful to other species. Add this to the growing list of human activities eroding salmon populations.

Skip Enge

Staff member
I don't use kitchen cleaners or chemicals in the garden ...and have not since college when i first started organically gardening...Maybe it's where i grew up and this:

"
Earth Day founder, Denis Hayes was born in Wisconsin, but grew up the charming small town of Camas, Washington. His experiences growing up in the Pacific Northwest helped instill his love of and appreciation for nature. His passion for protecting the environment came from witnessing the harm the local paper mill was doing, at that time, to the pristine environment, and its populace.

Camas sits at the mouth of the wild and scenic Columbia River Gorge. What a dichotomy to have the local employer spewing out toxins into the stunning landscape. To further confuse the matters, Hayes’ father, and most of the men during that time, worked at the mill. Most of the locals tolerated the sulphur dioxide and other chemicals thrown off by the paper mill and called it, “the smell of money.”

Fortunately, times have changed. New Environmental Protection Agency “cluster” rules require pulp and paper mills to significantly reduce air and water emissions. Steam scrubbing systems now strip pollutants from the pulping process and incinerates them. In addition, the scrubber eliminates 80 to 90 percent of the eggish smell notorious for mills."

Skip that's a good thing - sometimes rough on the locals however. People need to realize that their steak, pork chops, chicken tenders, meatloaf actually come from animals (pets) that are killed in the process. Their plant based food gets treated with shit to make it look appealing. If it wasn't they wouldn't buy it.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Skip that's a good thing - sometimes rough on the locals however. People need to realize that their steak, pork chops, chicken tenders, meatloaf actually come from animals (pets) that are killed in the process. Their plant based food gets treated with shit to make it look appealing. If it wasn't they wouldn't buy it.
I don't use manure of any kind...My issue is if i do use a natural supplement say from Concentrates Inc in portland...I can't be entirely sure how it was derived...I use a lot of alfalfa meal, kelp meal, steamed bone meal, cottonseed meal, my own compost and liquid derived elixers from various sources...every few years a carbon source of granular coal, rice hulls or shredded coconut husks as a drainage additive...and of course epsom salts...other stuff...it's the ultimate in recycling and building soil...I garden in an area of low density, rural and not surrounded by "morans" contaminating our very active water table.

I don't use manure of any kind...My issue is if i do use a natural supplement say from Concentrates Inc in portland...I can't be entirely sure how it was derived...I use a lot of alfalfa meal, kelp meal, steamed bone meal, cottonseed meal, my own compost and liquid derived elixers from various sources...every few years a carbon source of granular coal, rice hulls or shredded coconut husks as a drainage additive...and of course epsom salts...other stuff...it's the ultimate in recycling and building soil...
we're pretty much on the same page

It’s not this Administration that’s destructive. It’s everyone in our country that does not demand organic food.

GMO crops and conventional farming wreck watersheds. Pesticides, herbasides, and fungacides kill fish and they slowly kill the people that consume food grown with them. It’s such a common sense concept that I don’t understand why every angler doesn’t only eat organic food and drink organic beer.

Every administration since the advent of chemical fertilizers has been culpable. Sadly, everyone on this forum that does not shop strictly organic is culpable as well.

FinLuver

Will never understand how the Republican party managed to pull off the greatest PR con in history, adopting the 'conservative' branding for themselves.
WTF does that have to do with the topic of pesticides?
Keep it off the general Fly FishingForum and put it where it truly belongs...the politically discussed Conservation Forum.

Cancers come in all forms...

Last edited:

FinLuver

straighten that MAGA hat, pour yourself another one, and chill out..
Don't have that hat, however a cold one will be in order later today.

Painting a broad "Republican" brush stroke was baseless, clueless and most of all...pointless.
Keep the carp in the carp forum. ;)

Ever pay attention to the poison in your food? Ever been to a farm?

Regulatory capture has been the status quo for as long as the USDA/FDA and other alphabets from hell were chartered. That is the problem with the government agencies in general. Regardless of the political leanings of the administration in charge, people from the same backgrounds get appointed in the same agencies.

Shop at the COOP and local/organic grocery stores. Eat at restaurants that don’t serve crap. Drink beer that is not made with low quality wheat and grain dowsed in chemicals. The marketplace is the best way to address the use of harmful chemicals in agriculture.

If not to keep yourself from getting cancer and being infertile, do it for the the fish at least.

Latest posts