NFR Music Lyrics Game....Who's In?

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
I know the song was Chevy Van, but I don’t remember the artist. He may have been one of those One Hit Wonders from the 70s.
Oh lord, i remember that song played ad nauseam on the radio - the year was 1974. I think @kingfisser might have it right with Sammy Johns.

BDD

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours...

When I was a little bitty boy
My grandma bought me a cute little toy
Two silver bells on a string
Chuck Berry

Last edited:

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
"Wild young Billy was a crazy cat.
He shook some dust out of his coonskin cap.
He said trust some of this it will show you were you're at.
Or at least it will help you really feel it. "
Nobody can guess this one? I'll add another lyric:

Crazy Janey and her Mission Man
Were back in the alley trading hands.

BDD

And the song is?
Sorry, operator error...too many windows open. Yes, the Chuck Berry response was to you, with the song My Ding a Ling.

I started to add a new one and accidently posted before I could finish typing and Jojo figured it out (Gordon Lightfoot) before I could repost. ;)

T

Trapper

Charlie Daniels did it at one time...not sure if he was the original but I think so.
I think Charlie Daniels co-wrote Uneasy Rider back in the 70s. I don't remember anyone covering it much. The lyrics would be perfect for Willie Nelson, but the tempo doesn't work for him.

BDD

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me, he'd grown up just like me, my boy was just like me...

BDD

I think Charlie Daniels co-wrote Uneasy Rider back in the 70s. I don't remember anyone covering it much. The lyrics would be perfect for Willie Nelson, but the tempo doesn't work for him.
I played his 1988 version to a co-worker on a purse seine boat in Ketchikan in about 1995 on a Walkman. He got offended.

Latest posts