NFR Music Lyrics Game....Who's In?

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
Jojo, I think they need to give you the moderator key for this thread so you can lock down/erase all new lyrics until Boot confirms the winner and that winner posts the next one!

Great thread! Good luck making people follow the thread rules!

dld

Dave Alvin is at the Tractor Tavern February 15th.....highly recommend seeing the show if you've never listened to him.
I've got tickets. They sold out quickly. I see him whenever he comes to town. I think this will be number six. I'm usually in a group standing close to the back--I'm 6'3", generally with a few people who are taller than me.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
I've got tickets. They sold out quickly. I see him whenever he comes to town. I think this will be number six. I'm usually in a group standing close to the back--I'm 6'3", generally with a few people who are taller than me.
Good deal, I didn't get tickets this time, bummed....
Did see the Blasters, X, Los Lobos and LP 3 and the Tragedy ( Louis Perez from LOS Lobos sons band ) a year or so ago in Orange County.....really good show, they are all great bands.

Jojo

Jojo, I think they need to give you the moderator key for this thread so you can lock down/erase all new lyrics until Boot confirms the winner and that winner posts the next one!

Great thread! Good luck making people follow the thread rules!
Thank you for your support @Freestone :D ! Hahaha... we are waiting on wadin' boot and i think having to wait is what makes the one at a time rule hard!

@Billy McFly here are the other rules (from page one) if anyone wants to try to follow them!

Edited Rules:

1. No internet search for posting lyrics and guessing lyrics. The artist is a good enough guess, but add the song title too if you know it!

2. When making your guess be sure you hit reply to that person's post when giving your answers. We need to know which lyric you are answering since we're finding it difficult to stick to one at a time.

3. Edited with @Freestone 's revision: "After being notified that you were the first one to correctly identify the song/artist, add lyrics from one song to the thread. Only the winner gets to post the next lyric."

4. Remember no internet search for adding new lyrics or for guessing. You CAN listen to music, that's kind of the point of the game too - to entertain yourself with music during these 'shack nasties' times.

5. Try not to be TOO obscure with the lyrics as to make it too hard.

Last edited:

Jojo

If you put up a lyric and after awhile no one seems to guess it. Hit reply with your own lyric and offer the answer!

The object of the game is not to stump anyone but to have fun and remind folks of some really cool lyrics that make us want to remember some songs we maybe haven't listened to in awhile. I do realize there that we are different generations but if you don't make it too hard there is likely to be someone here who knows the answer! OK? Ok.....

Oh and yeah, maybe put up a video after it's guessed! Like Pandora, we might get introduced to some new music! :D

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
@Jojo , I would change Rule 3 to say something like:

"After being notified that you were the first one to correctly identify the song/artist, you get to add lyrics from one song to the thread. Only the winner gets to post the next lyric. (Insert the rest of rule 3)

Ok, if Eric got it correctly then @Eric Johnson you post the next lyric! And everyone can guess that one. You have to get one right before you post a lyric. Would this work in making it easier to figure where we are? Also remember rule #5 not to be so obscure so all folks have a chance to post lyrics.

If someone isn't here to verify that the guess is correct THEN you can confirm by checking online. OK?
in a meeting at work (obviously an important one) and awaiting confirmation from @wadin' boot

The Southern Aurora was late again
As I waited at central to take you home
Winking spinning sparkling lights on our flat earth
You talk about the old groundling ways
Where the suburbs summer pulse and play in wrinkled sand and
never never never neverland
I get home I see them drive down
I look out and see those lines and lines and lines of swell and
smiles
Coolangatta, what's the matter?
Paradise, and Surfer's Worse and flashing lights and real
estate
With one last wave
Ahhh, get up and run
'Cause there's a beach lies quiet near the open sea
And a carpark lay streched where the bindis used to be
This is from Midnight Oil. Bells and Horns.

Latest posts