T Redington Hydrogen 9' 3wt - trade for 10' same model or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have used but not abused 9' 3wt Redington Hydrogen...rod has been fished about 15 days or so. Have rod, sock, and tube...tube is black and labeled on the end with a Vapen sticker, but the rod is a Hydrogen. This rod was provided by Redington to replace a broken Vapen, but they didn't replace the tube. :rolleyes:

Want to trade for a 10' in the same model, or a similar quality lightweight 10' #3 (i.e., Douglas DXF, Echo Shadow, Cortland Competition, etc.).

Would consider selling for $185 shipped CONUS or $175+split shipping elsewhere.

Last edited:
I would be interested in that rod, potentially. The trade would be for the 9' Hydrogen I described above, plus negotiable cash from my side since that rod is worth a lot more.

Basically, I like the way the Hydrogen fishes, but I am looking for something a foot longer.

I have two Nymphing rods, SAGE ESN 4wt 10"0 & ORVIS H2 3wt 10"0, so I do not mind parting with one of them.

Feel free to send me a PM with a proposal, & we can take it from there.

PV-Premier, not saying you should do this, but if your rod happens to break, when you send it in, maybe you can ask for the 10ft version. That is a regret I have. When I sent in my CPS 9ft 4wt this past summer, they sent me the Hydrogen (Still sad I didn't get a CPS). Best part was, they called me and asked me if I wanted the 10ft or the 9ft since I broke my CPS while I was nymphing (long story). At the time, I told them a 9ft since it was more versatile. Now I regret it. Should have just asked for the 10ft. I too am now in your boat as well. I like the rod. I don't mind keeping it, however I'd trade my 9ft 4wt for a 10ft 4wt hydrogen if anyone offers. Good luck with this post. Hope someone is feeling the opposite of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts