Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What are you listening to?

NFR 
157K views 4K replies 293 participants last post by  Jim Travers 
#1 ·
The lyrics thread is fun. Made me go searching for songs I hadnt heard in a long time. :cool:
I'm fortunate in that I can have music on in the background while I work.
Most of it is random from the interwebs....and ive stumbled on quite a few gems.
Like these guys....a groovy Greek jam band called Naxatras.

So....what are you listening to?

#3,574 · (Edited)
I've had this affliction ever since I can remember, but every morning I wake up with some song in my head. Often the song is decent, but not always. I've learned that the best way to remove an ear worm song is just to listen to it while I take my shower and just get it over with.

Today, Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife" was the song. It was a shitty McDonald's commercial when I was a kid so I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics as a kid. But today I'm listening to graphic gore of shark bites, seedy murder scenes and reference to Jack the Ripper.

This song is all kinds of f#cked-up. I spent my breakfast researching it's origins which describe how the anti-hero character had evolved through the years as a gangster, a rapist, an arsonist, and a charming serial killer. This should be a Halloween anthem. Somebody probably already made the subject a Netflix series. Who knew??

-Sparse

#3,579 ·
Went to visit a VERY special wild edible mushroom patch on Sunday. This particular patch of woods produced a species that is rarely encountered north of coastal southern Oregon so it was a unique gem for Washington state.

1635397583494.jpeg

Yeah it's a tree farm but I have so many memories exploring the woods in there and it had such a cool habitat that is not common amongst most other tree farms. Well I was sad yet not shocked to see this when I arrived at the spot on Sunday.

2E0928B9-7456-421F-876B-CF643EA359E8.jpeg

That little piece is gone and might never be the same again. I've had it happen to many patches over the years but this one hurt the most and really made me think about the world's consumption of resources and the potential impacts on the environment (this cut crosses over a most likely significant large spawning creek for salmon and SRC). An acquaintance posted this video in response which really resonated with me.

#3,580 ·
Went to visit a VERY special wild edible mushroom patch on Sunday. This particular patch of woods produced a species that is rarely encountered north of coastal southern Oregon so it was a unique gem for Washington state.

View attachment 300276
Yeah it's a tree farm but I have so many memories exploring the woods in there and it had such a cool habitat that is not common amongst most other tree farms. Well I was sad yet not shocked to see this when I arrived at the spot on Sunday.

View attachment 300271

That little piece is gone and might never be the same again. I've had it happen to many patches over the years but this one hurt the most and really made me think about the world's consumption of resources and the potential impacts on the environment (this cut crosses over a most likely significant large spawning creek for salmon and SRC). An acquaintance posted this video in response which really resonated with me.

Nice black trumpets. Shitty end of a special place.

#3,599 ·
Saw them at Bumbershoot after they had just released Strong Persuader. About 10 rows back from center stage. Almost got hit in the face when the drummer threw his drumstick into the crowd. Someone caught it right in front of my face.

Excellent show. They sure can play!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.