NFR What are you listening to?

Eric Johnson

I have an extensive collection of Frond material although I do not have the most current release. I even had the pleasure of seeing them once at Satyricon and have the t-shirts to prove it although they don't fit me anymore (shut up). Great songwriter, especially kiss-off songs. :cool:
Satyricon. That's a blast from the past. Was an eye opening experience for a youngster from the Coast

jamma

Satyricon. That's a blast from the past. Was an eye opening experience for a youngster from the Coast
They had a lot of good little venues like that down there; Berbati's Pan where I saw bands like Guided by Voices, Gary Numan (Exile Tour, an underrated album in my opinion), and Tortoise. Dante's where I finally got to see Buckethead; after a series of cancelled shows at Satyricon, I used to say "I've been to see Buckethead four times but I've only seen him once!"
But by far the strangest was one in the basement of an empty office building where Roger Miller of Mission of Burma fame was playing with his band No-man. Don't remember who opened but after local band Sugerboom left they took the "crowd" with them and I was standing there with two guys watching him play. For his part, he just closed his eyes and played his heart out and gave a full show.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
You know, I read something mind-blowing the other day; Marty Wilson-Piper of The Church has been playing with the Anekdoten band, go figure. I also found out what the T.S. in Tony McPhee's name stands for.
what does TS stand for, jamma?

Last edited:

Jeff Dodd

E125A89E-D578-41A5-AAEE-930461832EF2.jpeg
We are headed to the Gorge May 2nd. My first time in years! Rather than crash in the bed of my truck, I am dragging Bigfoot over the Pass!

Sturgill Simpson & Tyler Childers

jamma

what does TS stand for, jamma?
It's not initials as his full name is Anthony Charles McPhee. The letters are derived from a nickname producer Mike Vernon bestowed on him to give him blues cred when they released a single when he was playing with the John Dummer Blues band, 'Tough Shit'. Which makes sense when you read a story about a 2010 show after recovering from his first stroke. They were playing the second song of their encore when he had what was described as a 'mini- stroke' and just played through it.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info