NFR What are you listening to?

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Ya this one song is moody but I wouldn't say that applies to the whole CD. Skerik played sax and saxaphonics with Seattle's Critters Bugin back in the 80's. He has never stopped evolving since then.
It was interesting...I find myself moving toward more obfuse and ambient work...bugt I am willing always to listen...my collection is rather broad....

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
Try this one on for size at full volume.
I have a classical composer-arranger friend who is a piper in the Clan Gordon Pipe Band. He asked me to play acoustic guitar in a quintet with an electric bassist, drummer, fiddler, and a single piper to do his arrangement of a medley of three traditional Scottish songs for a Clan Gordon annual banquet. The last piece in the medley was Scotland the Brave. First time through the rhythm section played a folk accompaniment for the fiddler who played the melody. 2nd time around the entire Clan Gordon Pipe Band joined in... WOW!

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
WFF Supporter
You might have thought this would be a severe culture clash instead it turns out that bagpipes are a culture unifier.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Mike Campbell's band (not exactly The Boys of Summer, or Refugee, but good to see the Rickenbacker working again)

Last edited:

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
WFF Supporter
It's easier to crank out flies when you have a soundtrack. Todd Snider is one of the best storytellers next to John Prine.
I totally agree! (And about John Prine too, love them both.) HAve you ever seen the YouTube where he Todd talks about meeting Slash? It’s so funny. I saw him in concert back in the 1990’s i think this was right before Songs From the Daily Planet Came out. A friend had extra tickets to Jimmy Buffet and he opened for him at the Tacoma Dome and he was the best part of the concert. I had never heard of him then.

freestonebound

If it swims I'm interested.
I totally agree! (And about John Prine too, love them both.) HAve you ever seen the YouTube where he Todd talks about meeting Slash? It’s so funny. I saw him in concert back in the 1990’s i think this was right before Songs From the Daily Planet Came out. A friend had extra tickets to Jimmy Buffet and he opened for him at the Tacoma Dome and he was the best part of the concert. I had never heard of him then.
I haven't seen the interview about Todd meeting Slash. I'll have to check it out. John Prine did a concert and there's a video from that concert on YouTube. He was in Alaska and he did That's the way that the World goes round. I posted it here so you can watch it. Really funny story behind it.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts