NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

While doing some intensive spring cleaning, I was listening to Dan Stuart's 'Marlowe Billings' trilogy. Although probably an acquired taste, Green on Red are most likely the best band you never heard. Fans of the Stones should definitely give a listen. His song 'Upon a father's death' is a heart-melting tribute.

jamma

Today it was surround sound Quadrophenia. 'The real me' is probably my favorite Who song and a great album opener. I'll take this one over Tommy any day. :cool:

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
I find Holst's cheerful major melodies in his "First..." and "Second Suite..." uplifting and listen to them in the car, often at a rather high volume.
Here are two recordings of Holst's "Second Suite for Military Band in F major Op.28-2".
The first is just an awesome performance of the piece; extremely well executed and recorded in a "nice room".

I was looking to see if I could find a US Military Band's performance of the piece and stumbled across this. It's the first time I had heard it done as a choir arrangement. It presents a completely different feeling to me.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info