NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

Toyah & Fripp tearing it up on 'Heroes'. Toyah sounds great and absolutely nails the vocal. If there's a better version of this song, I would be interested in hearing it.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I can still hear it from 47 years ago...8 track in car, driving slow...summer day, window down, arm resting on the door frame, stereo cranked to distortion...Yeah simple...but Holy Crapment! still to this day...

jamma

Got a bonanza care package of stuff I ordered early this month, a fusion and prog extravaganza.

Didier Lockwood, Jannik Top, Christian Vander, Benoit Widemann: Fusion: Magma fans will recognize these names. In August of '81 they got together in the studio to lay down the jams that comprise these recordings. If you are on the fence about Magma due to the chants and general weirdness, this is the sound of top flight musicians cutting loose, particularly Lockwood and Vander.

Gary Boyle: The Dancer: Don't know how this guy flew under the radar. A superb guitarist, his greatest claim to fame probably was playing on the Brian Auger album 'Befour' although I knew him from his work in his own band, Isotope. Fans of Bruford, Brand X and Jeff Beck will find a lot to like here.

A reissue of Egg's 'The polite force' and The Tangent's 'Proxy' rounded out the day's listening. :cool:

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Well, I decided to listen to "Killer"...saw the tour in 72 or 73...hell the older I get the lousier I am at where when and how... ;)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts