NFR What are you listening to?

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
45 years after Rolling Stone celebrated the great new prog band Crack the Sky...and I bought an lp
these old farts are releasing an album...yeah I am pre-ordering it!...This is catchy !...the live Zoom version...

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I looked up the piece and the composer. Nice to know the inspiration behind the composition to help me see and understand the picture it is painting.
A painting studio class in the early 70's the instructor played the Milhaud piece and Vivaldi and other contemporary classical...I love Milhaud, his inspiration as a composer is interesting...jazz, early jazz of the 20th century...the use of brass and percussion on top of reed and stringed instruments...space between notes or waves of melody and undulating texture...quite emotional and I have to say I am not in any way into classical but I know what I like when I hear it multiple times...One of Milhauds more notable students was Dave Brubeck.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts