NFR What are you listening to?

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Do love your eclectic tastes Skip.

Saw Spirit of the West at in the 80's at this legendary venue (the studio referenced in the video was in the bathroom). John Mann is sorely missed.

Cheers

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter
I love Spotify! I make lots of my own playlists but when i don’t feel like going for my run i like to listen to one one of the Daily Mix playlists that they put together for me.

Yesterday this song came on. All i knew about Canned Heat was that they played at Woodstock and the song “Going Up Country”. But this song. Wow, it blew me away. I had never heard it before. Christo Redentor.

P.S. @Clarkman I couldn’t find a live version of Chris Cornell singing with his daughter. I only found his daughter‘s YouTube after he died .

Jojo

WFF Supporter
First found Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays when they toured with Joni Mitchel. Seen them a half dozen times or so. Just love their music. RIP Lyle.

Joni is a hero of mine. I love this song so much. This is a beautiful version. I have read her biography “Reckless Daughter” and have her book of illustrations and lyrics. I have so many favorite songs I almost can’t pick one, but “Amelia” comes close (and of course, ”A Case of You”. I’m so pragmatic, Type A and a black and white thinker that poetry doesn’t usually interest me at all, but i do love Joni’s lyrics and i like her description of poetry:

9B09A66D-91C2-47E1-A04B-8C3A024F2953.jpeg

Jojo

WFF Supporter
Could it be this one, with One Republic rather the with her dad?
SF

That’s the only one i could find that comes close. Can’t even find Chris singing it by himself. That’s not her dad with her on the GMA. I didn’t know it was the guy from One Republic though.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info