NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

A good case for America's best pop band.
On further reflection,another serious contender would be Guided By Voices.Not by chart success but because Robert Pollard can write a great pop song at the drop of a hat.With the addition of riff machine Doug Gillard,he took them to a whole other level."Everywhere With Helicopter"totally kicks ass.Great quote:
Interviewer:You've written over 500 songs.How do you do it?
RP:I'm Guided By Voices.

And for anyone who likes big fat guitars making a glorious racket,today I was listening to Amplifier's"Trippin' with Dr. Faustus"in the car.Freakzone indeed.

Last edited:

jamma

On this day I would be remiss if I did not mention Anathema.Their emotional and majestic music never fails to lift me up,however down I may be feeling.With two strong lead singers,one male and one female,they never fail to hit the mark.The gal's singing(she has one of the sweetest voices I've ever heard)is exceptional.For all the ladies out there,her rendition of the song"A natural disaster"is the ultimate torch song.And the song"Untouchable Parts I&II"is living proof that love is the only thing that matters.<3

My bad.This has been edited to read Untouchable rather than Unforgettable.A thousand pardons.

Last edited:

Latest posts