NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

Just completed the discography and it's time to get on my soapbox about British band Big Big Train.Great vocal arrangements,gorgeous melodies,songs about"the bonds of friendship between people";there's nothing not to like here.Each song is a window into significant aspects of British culture,both large and personal.Great stuff.

jamma

Always liked the 'old' Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green.....after that....not so much.
Liked some of the mid-period stuff too.'Kiln House'is a nice one.When I was a young whippersnapper,I took advantage of one of those'six titles for a penny'offers Columbia House used to suck you into their clutches and got Mac's'Bare Trees',Tull's
'Thick as a brick and Passion Play'and Elton John's'Madman across the water'.Man,I listened to those a lot.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Yeah, Columbia Record Club...I did that also.

Kiln House is a good one, come to think about, so is Then Play On.

Too bad about Peter Green, he was very good in Mayalls Blues Breakers replacing Clapton...but that whole too much acid in Munich deal really took a toll.....as did his mental illness.
The guy can play, BB King loved his stuff.

He's 72 or so, and still playing I think, at least he was in the early 2010' s.

Santana covered it, but Green wrote it.

Last edited:

jamma

Yeah, Columbia Record Club...I did that also.

Kiln House is a good one, come to think about, so is Then Play On.

Too bad about Peter Green, he was very good in Mayalls Blues Breakers replacing Clapton...but that whole too much acid in Munich deal really took a toll.....as did his mental illness.
The guy can play, BB King loved his stuff.

He's 72 or so, and still playing I think, at least he was in the early 2010' s.

Santana covered it, but Green wrote it.
Have you ever heard his album'In the skies'?Some of the tastiest blues playing you will ever hear,particularly the instrumental'Slabo day',a personal favorite.When he left Fleetwood due to personal reasons,he just gave his cherry Gibson Les Paul to Gary Moore who honored him with it on the'Blues for Greeny'album,another fine record.Definitely Gary's most restrained playing on any of his releases.Was sad to hear that Gibson is going bankrupt.That guitar defined the blues and rock 'n' roll.

Last edited: