NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

I put on The First Rebreather and immediately thought Marillion....need to listen more, but chill tunes to work to. Thanks
I was introduced to them through the recording'The underfall yard'.'Victorian Brickwork'is a heart melter about an old fisherman lost to the sea and the lives he affected and the title track is a masterpiece.They have done nothing but get better ever since.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Have you ever heard his album'In the skies'?Some of the tastiest blues playing you will ever hear,particularly the instrumental'Slabo day',a personal favorite.When he left Fleetwood due to personal reasons,he just gave his cherry Gibson Les Paul to Gary Moore who honored him with it on the'Blues for Greeny'album,another fine record.Definitely Gary's most restrained playing on any of his releases.Was sad to hear that Gibson is going bankrupt.That guitar defined the blues and rock 'n' roll.
I'll check that out. Last night we listened to a bunch of his stuff, older and newer ....one of the reasons I like the streaming service.
Very good way to (re)explore an artist's work when you feel like it without breaking the bank.
He was greatly appreciated by other musicians and held in high regard by them for good reason.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Have you ever heard his album'In the skies'?Some of the tastiest blues playing you will ever hear,particularly the instrumental'Slabo day',a personal favorite.When he left Fleetwood due to personal reasons,he just gave his cherry Gibson Les Paul to Gary Moore who honored him with it on the'Blues for Greeny'album,another fine record.Definitely Gary's most restrained playing on any of his releases.Was sad to hear that Gibson is going bankrupt.That guitar defined the blues and rock 'n' roll.
Slabo Day still brings tears...well okay almost tears..

Skip Enge

Staff member
Jim just emailed me...it just said "Tony and the Hogs are playing live gigs again. Yaaaaaayyyy!" so that is cool because i was worried about him and his health...heart attacks...so i thought I would listen to the legend this early morning.

Rob Allen

Been listening to fighter pilot music.

Music coming from the best of Americans tends to be better than music coming from the worst of Americans.

Standing up for what you believe in doesn't make you brave. Standing up for what it right does.

Last edited:

jamma

Here's another tip you may want to check out,Pendragon.Guitarist Nick Barrett is a superb soloist in the David Gilmour vein,on the song'Empathy'from the album'Passion'he plays two incredible solos around a rap piece that ticks all the boxes.Worth a listen.

Latest posts