NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

a SF band...hell I like them

Scott Miller is a genius songwriter but this is perhaps not their best effort; that one would be 'Plants and birds and rocks and things', their first.Well worth checking out is his previous band Game Theory.Tell 'em, Jim, tell 'em Jim!Fun fact,the first and last recordings feature Josef Becker who drummed in Thin White Rope in the interim.

The lyrics thread is fun. Made me go searching for songs I hadnt heard in a long time. :cool:
I'm fortunate in that I can have music on in the background while I work.
Most of it is random from the interwebs....and ive stumbled on quite a few gems.
Like these guys....a groovy Greek jam band called Naxatras.

So....what are you listening to?
Love it!

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
I love when i remember music correctly! I have a couple of her albums and just love her. She attributes the song to Doc Watson though.
It's a real old song, the Chatmon Brothers were in a group called Mississippi Sheiks in the 30's, and it was an old song then....basically goes back to the 19th century and has become a standard.

Skip Enge

Scott Miller is a genius songwriter but this is perhaps not their best effort; that one would be 'Plants and birds and rocks and things', their first.Well worth checking out is his previous band Game Theory.Tell 'em, Jim, tell 'em Jim!Fun fact,the first and last recordings feature Josef Becker who drummed in Thin White Rope in the interim.
own this and their first...yeah bought before record prices inflated...during the era of old tech...ha!

How good can Vai be if Ralph Macchio kicked his ass?;) Just kidding.Early Mothers were an early starting point to a lifetime of listening to more complex music.Anyone have any thoughts in regard to the new Riverside album?Quite different from their earlier releases.
I dig it, but then I dig basically everything Zappa ever did

jamma

Here's a blast from the past.Every Halloween I pull out a one-time side project by a band called Morte Macabre titled 'Symphonic Holocaust'.Formed by a couple of guys each from Swedish prog bands Anekdoten and Landberk they do their versions of horror movie themes.If you like Mellotron music, sign up here.

Here's a blast from the past.Every Halloween I pull out a one-time side project by a band called Morte Macabre titled 'Symphonic Holocaust'.Formed by a couple of guys each from Swedish prog bands Anekdoten and Landberk they do their versions of horror movie themes.If you like Mellotron music, sign up here.
I’ve got the Mike Patton Fantomas record where they do a bunch of horror/suspense theme stuff

Latest posts