NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

I love the work David Sylvian did ...with Japan and rain tree crow that amazing one off recording...
'Gone to earth' is a fucking classic,especially the double cd version.Where else can you find Bill Nelson and Robert Fripp playing together?Think I'll let it lullaby me off to sleep tonight but not before listening to 'Taking the veil' featuring Robert's incredible fills.Nighty-nite.
Am also looking forward to receiving the new one from Thumpermonkey tomorrow after reading an enthusiastic review in Prog magazine.The new Soft Machine is also slowly making it's way here.

'Gone to earth' is a fucking classic,especially the double cd version.Where else can you find Bill Nelson and Robert Fripp playing together?Think I'll let it lullaby me off to sleep tonight but not before listening to 'Taking the veil' featuring Robert's incredible fills.Nighty-nite.
Am also looking forward to receiving the new one from Thumpermonkey tomorrow after reading an enthusiastic review in Prog magazine.The new Soft Machine is also slowly making it's way here.
Soft machine? new? WTH?

jamma

Soft machine? new? WTH?
Yeah, the band consists of Roy Babbington, John Etheridge, John Marshall and Theo Travis.They started out as Soft Machine Legacy in 2004 featuring Elton Dean and Hugh Hopper but those two have since passed resulting in the current lineup.Theo is the only player that didn’t have a previous history in the band and at 54 is the young sprat in the band.This is their first album using just the Soft Machine banner although they have toured under that name for several years.On a similar note, I recently picked up a reissue of the first two Nucleus albums that's pretty killer.
BTW, no WTF on the Thumpermonkey? I must be losing my touch.;)

Latest posts