NFR What are you listening to?

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
This is one of my favorite artists though. I’m currently reading a second biography on him “Waiting to Derail”. ( I already read “Losering”).

I love singer songwriter music - grew up listening to Joni Mitchell, Cat Stevens and Neil Young - (still listen) . Ryan Adams is someone I discovered when he fronted Whiskeytown back in the late 1990’s. He is a drama addicted, mercurial genius brat, but man can he write some beautiful songs.

jamma

This is one of my favorite artists though. I’m currently reading a second biography on him “Waiting to Derail”. ( I already read “Losering”).

I love singer songwriter music - grew up listening to Joni Mitchell, Cat Stevens and Neil Young - (still listen) . Ryan Adams is someone I discovered when he fronted Whiskeytown back in the late 1990’s. He is a drama addicted, mercurial genius brat, but man can he write some beautiful songs.

Loved Whiskeytown, especially 'Stranger's Almanac',that was a great one.I know some writers used to pull his chain by calling him Bryan Adams which might explain some of that attitude.Another band that has caught my ear lately is 'The War on Drugs'.Longer songs but I like where he comes from...a lot.If you like Neil's 'Ragged glory', this should hit about the same spot.

Last edited:

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
@jamma ... love that someone here knows him too!

I loved Strangers Almanac. But i didn’t buy Whiskeytown records until AFTER i fell in love with his solos release of Gold and Heartbreaker.

On that Stranger’s album I also Dancing with the Women at the Bar and Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart . From Pneumonia i loved Jacksonville Skyline and Sit and Listen to the Rain. On Gold i loved almost every single song on the first cd.

But one of my very favorite songs of his is Oh My Sweet Carolina (Heartbreaker) and Let it Ride from Cold Roses (i think). I like when he plays Let it Ride both ways, fast and acoustic. and If I am a Stranger is another favorite. I actually have too many favorites cause i just thought of When the Stars Go Blue too.

Last edited:

Latest posts