NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

Well...I am still vibrating.Just got home from the Soft Machine/Moraine show and both bands were excellent.They are playing at the Triple Door in Seattle Mon. and Tue. and if you like fusion or jazz-rock or just watching musical legends well into their 70's play their ass off, I suggest you go see them while you still can. They will not disappoint.

jamma

Great song. Great lineup. Most of them Jack Bruce band alumni at one time or another. Never paid attention to Colossium. Maybe I better get started..

TC
If you get the bug, try out other bands such as Blodwyn Pig,Lancaster & Lumley's 'Marscape'( featuring members of Brand X, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, and the aforementioned Blodwyn Pig: a true little known classic),Electric Sandwich,Midnight Sun, early Birth Control and for a more modern take on the genre Panzerballet.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
If you get the bug, try out other bands such as Blodwyn Pig,Lancaster & Lumley's 'Marscape'( featuring members of Brand X, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, and the aforementioned Blodwyn Pig: a true little known classic),Electric Sandwich,Midnight Sun, early Birth Control and for a more modern take on the genre Panzerballet.
Weird with all the record bin flipping I do and have done...I have run into Birth Control a lot especially long ago and never bought any...Electric Sammich? never heard of that ...and I think might be real dangerous ...to eat one.

jamma

Weird with all the record bin flipping I do and have done...I have run into Birth Control a lot especially long ago and never bought any...Electric Sammich? never heard of that ...and I think might be real dangerous ...to eat one.
E.S. was a German band, made one eclectic album that was very good.More that just came to mind are Secret Oyster, Burnin' Red Ivanhoe and while researching Soft Machine's guitarist John Etheridge (who got his start in Darryl Way's Wolf) found out he released two albums with Heckstall-Smith that may bear some looking into.

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
I bought Blodwyn Pig's first two albums when they came out. At some point years later Penguin Cafe Orchestra. I'm vaguely familiar with Panzerballet and Brand X. Never heard of the others.

TC