NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

I've been a lifetime fan of Marianne Faithful. I saw a recent interview with her and was surprised to hear she had just recorded a new release. Her voice just gets better.

Lucinda Williams is another one who makes no attempt to "pretty up" her voice. Total honesty. Nothing quite like it.

TC
Not particularly a country music fan but I like Lucinda's work.Picked up the new one from The Delines called 'The Imperial'.The Delines are basically Richmond Fontaine with a woman singing songwriter/author Willy Vlautin's songs.If you are not familiar with Richmond, I urge you to check them out.Willy writes great songs about people who live in the margins.

Not particularly a country music fan but I like Lucinda's work.Picked up the new one from The Delines called 'The Imperial'.The Delines are basically Richmond Fontaine with a woman singing songwriter/author Willy Vlautin's songs.If you are not familiar with Richmond, I urge you to check them out.Willy writes great songs about people who live in the margins.
will check out this for sure!

and the mumbling goddess...love her music so...

Her father Miller Williams was a literature professor and prolific poet who came to national attention after being selected by Bill Clinton to read at Clinton's second inauguration. Her mother was a pianist. Growing up in that environment it's no small wonder that Lucinda's songs are so often both bold and beautiful.

TC

Well F#(k it! One of my favorite artists is in big trouble with 7 women and i am conflicted. Ryan Adams is in a world of shit. But some of it just doesn’t sound right to me. Shit.
I just read that story - I don't know...too many women telling the same story. The guy has a long history of being a manipulative creepy predator.

say la vie say the old folks, go to show you never can tell.

Last edited:

Latest posts