NFR What are you listening to?

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Dammit Jamma, you sound like a hardcore music critic with real cred;) I still don't know about Skip:rolleyes: I got lazy and tweaked my FM antenna so that it picks up the local classic rock station better than it did. I also get a "smooth jazz" station from Centralia, 102.9 FM, loud and clear. Coincidentally, I am drinking a Dick's Cream Stout, brewed in the same burg. And here I always thought that Centralia was just another whistle stop.

Last edited:

jamma

Earlier today, I was listening to Jackson Browne. "Something Fine" from the Saturate Before Using album is a fav of mine. I really like "These Days" and "For Everyman" on the For Everyman LP.
Don't always like to admit it but I listened to Jackson a lot and am definitely down with, as Jack Black so eloquently put it in the movie 'High Fidelity', "sad bastard music".Never had a lot of friends so music became my passion.With literally thousands of CD's and hundreds of vinyl,(honestly, Skip drools, it's embarrassing;))these people showed me there were people who felt the same way I did.I like to use the Rick Hafele joke,"There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness"and I am constantly falling over it.Skip has gotten more esoteric over the years but has turned me on to a lot of good music.I remember listening to the first Black Sabbath at his house which blew me away.

Last edited:

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I was just listening to KOMO news on the FM, and heard that there is a petition circulating to sell Montana to Canada. The funds could be used to help pay down the nat'l debt. The reasoning is that Montana is basically useless territory and is overpopulated with beavers.

jamma

To anyone in the Portland area who was intrigued by the Delines post above they are doing an instore appearance at Music Millenium Wednesday the 20th at 6PM.

Latest posts