NFR What are you listening to?

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Yeah, Paul got dissed alot from the punks for the change of attitude but I think his first two solo albums are excellent.I just wonder, if Ryan's such an odious prick, (more on that later) how does he come up with songs like 'Inn town','Houses on the hill' and 'Turn around' just to name a few? And for a guy who's had more than his fair share of heckling I think he's earned the right to heckle back if he wants to.
I have a friend who has gone through the fires with me, marriages, divorces, when he was a close to death as you can get I was there every day and he has always been there for me.But when we play cards he just hates to lose and I mean he HATES it and can become verbally abusive and when he's not getting dealt good cards will get depressed.Does that make him an OP.No, it's just the genetics bypassing his filter, that's all it is.I don't take it personally.And when I call him out on it, he gets embarrassed and then ten minutes later he's doing it again. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that it's hard to judge the character of someone if you haven't walked a mile in their shoes, know what I mean?
Wow jim...This is why I call you my friend.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
There is a good reason why it has 20 million+ views. It’s a very funny video! What i take from it is that Nathaniel must be a perfectionist in the recording studio and at the end they all have gray hair. It makes me laugh, but it’s also a great f&*ing song. (I always think of Tom Petty when i say that. “Isn’t that a great f*&king song?” He asks when singing Lost Highway.)

Last edited:
No I don't...I did look at some of their work together online

I saw Alejandro last year with Peter Buck in Portland. Great show. It was only a couple of days before another member of the band, Scott McCaughey, had a really bad stroke when they were in SF, I think.

He is doing much better I have heard.

There was benefit show for Scott M soon after.

McCaughey toured with REM as a band member for many years. REM bassist Mike Mills joined in -as seen in video at the benefit show. REM did not do this song live.

Last edited:

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I watched the PBS show ...Joni Mitchels 75th Birthday...it was amazing...Rufus wainright, Chaka Khan, Emmylou Harris, Los Lobos, Brandy Carlisle and Chris Kristoferson, Graham Nash. Seal and many more tributes

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
I like Beth Hart because her songs so obviously come from the heart. No pun intended.

Bonamassa not so much. To my ears he sounds like a guy who has spent his life memorizing all the licks and now is just regurgitating them by rote. He lacks flow.

Another way to say It is Beth is a right brain musician while Bonamassa sounds like a lefty.

TC

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I like Beth Hart because her songs so obviously come from the heart. No pun intended.

Bonamassa not so much. To my ears he sounds like a guy who has spent his life memorizing all the licks and now is just regurgitating them by rote. He lacks flow.

Another way to say It is Beth is a right brain musician while Bonamassa sounds like a lefty.

TC
Yes...I understand what you a saying...Though I will say Joe is best when he is accompanying a passionate emotional vocalist...I have not found any of the music Joe and Beth created to be anything but collaboratively melded perfectly. Sometimes Beth creeps almost over the edge emotively. She is not what I would call subdued or subtle...I truly enjoy her work when she puts on the torch singing "dress"...amazing

Latest posts