NFR What are you listening to?

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Picked up a nice copy of this ...cruising antique shops in Astoria over the weekend...

this artist is a case of separating the music from the person...she got in some hot water years ago... I always liked the Texas Campfire Tapes and Captain Swing and this lp...

Last edited:

jamma

One gem that has kept me smiling over the years is 'National Lampoon's Lemmings." A satire on the Woodstock festival, instead of celebrating peace and love, they're all going there to commit suicide. Featuring people like John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Christopher Guest and others before they made it big on SNL and elsewhere, it skewers the hippie movement mercilessly. When it gets to farmer Yasgur's ( here known as farmer Yassir) stage announcement for equality that " Longhair, shorthair...what's the difference once the head's blowed off?" it is priceless.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
One gem that has kept me smiling over the years is 'National Lampoon's Lemmings." A satire on the Woodstock festival, instead of celebrating peace and love, they're all going there to commit suicide. Featuring people like John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Christopher Guest and others before they made it big on SNL and elsewhere, it skewers the hippie movement mercilessly. When it gets to farmer Yasgur's ( here known as farmer Yassir) stage announcement for equality that " Longhair, shorthair...what's the difference once the head's blowed off?" it is priceless.
never seen it...Hmm?...going to though.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
Picked up a nice copy of this ...cruising antique shops in Astoria over the weekend...

this artist is a case of separating the music from the person...she got in some hot water years ago... I always liked the Texas Campfire Tapes and Captain Swing and this lp...
NOW you’re talking my music Skip! I loved this album and played it to death. Every song is awesome.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
Currently two of my newest purchases, Mark Knopfler “Down the Road Wherever” and John Prine’s “Tree of Forgiveness”....oh they are SO good. Here is my favorite song from the Prine album (though there isn’t a bad on on there):

Here’s the Knopfler song from the latest album ( It’s the one with the song “Trapper”). This song reminds me of JJ Cale a lot. It’s got some nice horns.

Latest posts