NFR What are you listening to?

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
OH! @Scudley Do Right .... I love this guy and actually read his book a few years ago. They are great stories. I saw him in concert, i think it was 1994?...Anyway he opened for Jimmy Buffet at the Tacoma Dome. I wasn’t crazy about Buffet but my friend had tickets and i went. I had never heard of Todd Snider at the time (this was right before he release Songs from the Daily Planet i think. He was so funny and great that i think i wasn’t the only one in the audience who didn’t care if Jimmy Buffet came out. He has a great YouTube about how he ran into Slash at a bar. But i really love the Jerry Jeff Walker tribute YouTube, with my other favorite, Jason Isbell. It’s long but worth it.

jamma

John Cale's 'Fear'. This is an absolutely brilliant art rock album. John was a founding member of the Velvet Underground, a band that was said to be heard by few, but everyone who listened to them started a band. Featuring cutting edge musicians like Brian Eno and guitarist Phil Manzanera from Roxy Music, (and who didn't dance to 'Love is the drug' at some point in their life?) it features songs like 'Ship of Fools', the wistful ballad 'Emily' and the title track 'Fear is a man's best friend' (you add it up it brings you down) which were cutting edge stone classics in their day. Even Richard Thompson makes an appearance. Rock for people with brains.

Last edited:

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
Thanks @Scudley Do Right for posting that Todd Snider video. I loaded it up on my Smart TV and watched the whole thing. I was trying to read the newspaper at the same time but Todd’s stories are so good it’s like trying to read two books at exactly the same time. I love his dog.

And i love the story he tells near the end of the video before the encore, when he sings “Allright Guy” about him being a Good Samaritan. He witnessed a car wreck and checked on the occupants of the car. One of them had a bag of weed under the seat as the police sirens could be heard in the distance. And he helped her out. Hahahaha.... Many of his songs are so poignant and his delivery of his stories reminds me of Mitch Hedberg. I can imagine Mitch would sound like Todd (and look like him) if he were a singer/songwriter still walking the Earth.

Latest posts