NFR What are you listening to?

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
next up Chris Spedding "Hurt"
Chris Spedding is a guy who flew under the radar in regards to the general public but he was well known and well respected within the industry. I had a couple of his own self produced albums with lots of good stuff on them. I don't know where they went. Must have been lost in a change of residence.

TC

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
just ran into this...Oh yeah! whenever he plays it's like a guitar clinic of what is possible...
This is good! I love that chick who plays bass with him. I forgot her name already but i actually used to follow her on Facebook when i had an account. (Edited to add: I had to look it up: Tal Wilkenfeld!)

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
@Skip Enge I love Graham Parker’s Don’t Tell Columbus album and overplayed it to the point that i had to put it away. Think it’s time it to start playing it again.
I have all from The Up Escalator on with some omissions but i continue to work on that...Squeezing Out Sparks was recently released in acoustic form...I will get it...

Buzzy

Sometimes I like classic rock, sometimes I'm in the mood for jazz, I like a lot of the old country musicians most of whom are pushin' up daisies. I rarely tire of good classical music which I know is "odd" for a guy who grew up in the early 60's........
Nothing wrong with a little Bach on Saturday morning.

Sometimes I like classic rock, sometimes I'm in the mood for jazz, I like a lot of the old country musicians most of whom are pushin' up daisies. I rarely tire of good classical music which I know is "odd" for a guy who grew up in the early 60's........
Nothing wrong with a little Bach on Saturday morning.
Good music is good music. It seems to me that you could take that to some remote mountain top in Papua New Guinea and stop the locals in their tracks.... until the last note...

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
Fortunately music written for "orchestral" instruments is still alive and well. There is no shortage of contemporary compositions by some very creative composers being written at this moment. It's not all old music written by old guys for old guys to listen to.

TC

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Good music is good music. It seems to me that you could take that to some remote mountain top in Papua New Guinea and stop the locals in their tracks.... until the last note...
I brought Michel Doucette, The Neville brothers and other Cajun stuff on dice to the USSR in i991 on a couple visits...and Wrong Way Up by Brian Eno and John Cale...the local hosts flipped out...we had a dance with a dj...they played Rockin' Sidneys Don't Mess with my Toot-toot and the place lit up...I find the Russians good people with horrible leadership founded in fear...sound familiar?

Latest posts