NFR What are you listening to?

jamma

Fortunately music written for "orchestral" instruments is still alive and well. There is no shortage of contemporary compositions by some very creative composers being written at this moment. It's not all old music written by old guys for old guys to listen to.

TC
If you are not aware of it already, there is a piece credited to Fripp/Keeling/Singleton titled 'The wine of silence'. It is an adaptation of Fripp's soundscapes; he does not play, his presence is here as the composer, written for the orchestra by Bert Lams of the California Guitar Trio. Pretty atmospheric stuff as one can well imagine.

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
If you are not aware of it already, there is a piece credited to Fripp/Keeling/Singleton titled 'The wine of silence'. It is an adaptation of Fripp's soundscapes; he does not play, his presence is here as the composer, written for the orchestra by Bert Lams of the California Guitar Trio. Pretty atmospheric stuff as one can well imagine.
I was not aware of it but I will look into it. Thanks.

For a "what the hell did I just hear?" listen, check out the Hot 8 Brass Band's version of 'Love will tear us apart' by Joy Division. The dichotomy between the melancholy of the lyrics and the celebratory music is incredible, although they only sing the " love will tear us apart" line, not the entire song.I was a bigtime Joy Division/New Order fan and I just love this version.

Latest posts