Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What are you listening to?

NFR 
157K views 4K replies 293 participants last post by  Jim Travers 
#1 ·
The lyrics thread is fun. Made me go searching for songs I hadnt heard in a long time. :cool:
I'm fortunate in that I can have music on in the background while I work.
Most of it is random from the interwebs....and ive stumbled on quite a few gems.
Like these guys....a groovy Greek jam band called Naxatras.

So....what are you listening to?

#1,692 ·
I can't help it, i love this video and i think it makes me a dork. Chris Rock is in it. (And also is Billy Ray Cyrus, who actually doesn't look half bad to me).

It has a quarter of a billion hits on YouTube. (That sounds like so much more than saying 250 million).

#1,693 ·
I took my 11 and 14 year old daughters to Ellensburg with me to hit the fly shop this afternoon. On the drive from Yakima my 14 year old digs in my console and pulls out Temple Of The Dog. We rocked it all the way to Ellensburg with the windows all the way down at full volume! Winning!

#1,696 ·
Two I have been listening to from groups that changed their methods of going about the recording process. The first is California band Djam Karet, who have been doing the post-rock thing since before anyone called it that. Their latest release,' A sky full of stars for a roof' grew from some soundscapes made by the drummer who passed them on to the band leader who edited them and made his own additions, largely Middle-Eastern acoustic instruments, before inviting the rest of the band to add their own touches.
The second is from Norwegian outfit Panzerpappa whose current record, 'Summarisk Suite', was conceived by exploring old music files for inspiration. From ambient to all-out jazz-rock, there is some outstanding playing here that doesn't stand out due to the tightness of the band and the compositions. Two fine examples of instrumental rock.

#1,703 ·
@515miker , Wow these guys are so great! I'm streaming a 30 minute YouTube of them playing Live at Gum Gully. Like you said, I TOTALLY hear Otis Redding too! (Plus i like that the lead singer is not too hard on the blinkers. )

I just looked them up and they are from Australia. And the lead guitar and singer are brothers. And Wikipedia compares them to Wilson Pickett and Otis Redding. (Funny because i was thinking of the guy Andrew Strong (i think was his name) who played the lead singer in that movie The Commitments, a band that was dedicated to Wilson Pickett.)

Thank you @515miker for linking this! I love finding new music. I just bought two of their albums from Amazon.

I believe this is my favorite new stuff posted on this very long thread!

#1,711 · (Edited)
I've been listening to these guys all evening. My nephew texted me that he is too. When i YouTubed them they have a lot of videos that sound really great and i am impressed with their range. They seem to be able to do lots of genres of music, like a reggae sound too. They are even playing with a guy that is singing in Spanish. I don't go to many concerts anymore but i would love to see these guys play live if they ever come to America. Edited to add: I just checked their schedule and see no concerts in the near future near Washington State. But they ARE playing many concerts in America. Good for them!

If y'all like these guys you might also like the fairly new guy, Leon Bridges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.